Orpheus Chamber Orchestra box
2019-07-22 11:45:47 UTC
IIRC there has been a post here about a Orpheus Chamber Orchestra box, with all the DG recordings.
Was that an announcement? Or just someone's wish?
Anyhow, it's my wish too ;-)

Ah, I could find this (June 20, 2016):
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=nl?hl%3Dnl#!searchin/rec.music.classical.recordings/orpheus$20chamber|sort:date/rec.music.classical.recordings/ewN8dzRfWiY/fgRBXrHNAAAJ

But maybe something has happened meanwhile.
Randy Lane
2019-07-22 12:05:43 UTC
Post by Gerard
IIRC there has been a post here about a Orpheus Chamber Orchestra box, with all the DG recordings.
Was that an announcement? Or just someone's wish?
Anyhow, it's my wish too ;-)
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=nl?hl%3Dnl#!searchin/rec.music.classical.recordings/orpheus$20chamber|sort:date/rec.music.classical.recordings/ewN8dzRfWiY/fgRBXrHNAAAJ
But maybe something has happened meanwhile.
It is my "wish", and nothing has happened yet.
Still hoping.
Alex Brown
2019-07-22 12:45:48 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
Post by Gerard
IIRC there has been a post here about a Orpheus Chamber Orchestra box, with all the DG recordings.
Was that an announcement? Or just someone's wish?
Anyhow, it's my wish too ;-)
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=nl?hl%3Dnl#!searchin/rec.music.classical.recordings/orpheus$20chamber|sort:date/rec.music.classical.recordings/ewN8dzRfWiY/fgRBXrHNAAAJ
But maybe something has happened meanwhile.
It is my "wish", and nothing has happened yet.
Still hoping.
I suppose at one time it would have been my wish, but now I've acquired
so much I doubt a "big box" would make sense for me.

Are there any of their recordings that aren't readily available second-hand?
- Alex Brown
Gerard
2019-07-22 18:21:39 UTC
Post by Alex Brown
Post by Randy Lane
Post by Gerard
IIRC there has been a post here about a Orpheus Chamber Orchestra box, with all the DG recordings.
Was that an announcement? Or just someone's wish?
Anyhow, it's my wish too ;-)
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=nl?hl%3Dnl#!searchin/rec.music.classical.recordings/orpheus$20chamber|sort:date/rec.music.classical.recordings/ewN8dzRfWiY/fgRBXrHNAAAJ
But maybe something has happened meanwhile.
It is my "wish", and nothing has happened yet.
Still hoping.
I suppose at one time it would have been my wish, but now I've acquired
so much I doubt a "big box" would make sense for me.
Are there any of their recordings that aren't readily available second-hand?
--
- Alex Brown
Some are "available" second-hand indeed (and what I am "missing" is just some recordings; actually I do not need a complete box).
But not in the Netherlands, and in most cases I've found suppliers do not ship to the Netherlands. Even some vendors on German Amazon do not deliver to the Netherlands!
Bob Harper
2019-07-24 17:47:34 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
Post by Gerard
IIRC there has been a post here about a Orpheus Chamber Orchestra box, with all the DG recordings.
Was that an announcement? Or just someone's wish?
Anyhow, it's my wish too ;-)
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=nl?hl%3Dnl#!searchin/rec.music.classical.recordings/orpheus$20chamber|sort:date/rec.music.classical.recordings/ewN8dzRfWiY/fgRBXrHNAAAJ
But maybe something has happened meanwhile.
It is my "wish", and nothing has happened yet.
Still hoping.
Yeah, I'm the OP, but apparently those who decide these things aren't
listening :).