Heidsieck’s Chopin Preludes
2021-12-30 20:43:24 UTC
Hello, Howie. Long time no chat. Do you have the new Erato set of Heidsieck's Pathe Marconi and HMV recordings? Worth it? I will listen to these Chopin Preludes tonight.
I just want to draw people’s attention to this recording, which I’ve just discovered and I think it’s interesting. The original recording is this
https://www.discogs.com/release/12165146-Chopin-Eric-Heidsieck-Intégrale-25-Préludes-
The digital release is everywhere, including YouTube

HT
2021-12-31 10:19:00 UTC
I just want to draw people’s attention to this recording, which I’ve just discovered and I think it’s interesting. The original recording is this
https://www.discogs.com/release/12165146-Chopin-Eric-Heidsieck-Intégrale-25-Préludes-
The digital release is everywhere, including YouTube
http://youtu.be/h0sCcgaXbug
Thanks! great performances.

Henk
Graham
2021-12-31 17:00:09 UTC
Post by HT
I just want to draw people’s attention to this recording, which I’ve just discovered and I think it’s interesting. The original recording is this
https://www.discogs.com/release/12165146-Chopin-Eric-Heidsieck-Intégrale-25-Préludes-
The digital release is everywhere, including YouTube
http://youtu.be/h0sCcgaXbug
Thanks! great performances.
Henk
Spotify has all his CDs I think. There is a 2021 4 disc set of
Handel's suites, for example. Anybody have other recommendations for
this pianist's work?
I think he recorded the LvB cello sonatas with Tortelier.
Frank Berger

Odd ( or not?) that the Chopin preludes have never been released on CD.
Mandryka
2021-12-31 19:20:33 UTC
The Bach Partitas are outstanding. The early Beethoven is something to try before committing, he uses lots of rubato and, as we all know, one man's meat is another man's poison when it comes to rubato. The Debussy preludes are also very good IMO. The Faure is amazing.

There are lots of later recordings coming out of Japan -- I've heard Mozart sonatas and some Brahms recorded for Toshiba. But IMO he lost the magic touch -- tons and tons of rubato. The recordings I like most are the ones he made for Cassiopee.
Dan Koren
2021-12-31 19:39:06 UTC
Post by Mandryka
he uses lots of rubato and, as we all
know, one man's meat is another man's
poison when it comes to rubato.
RUBATO IS THE MUSIC !!!

Burn all the metronomes.

Happy New Year!

2022-01-01 00:04:38 UTC
Post by Dan Koren
Post by Mandryka
he uses lots of rubato and, as we all
know, one man's meat is another man's
poison when it comes to rubato.
RUBATO IS THE MUSIC !!!
Burn all the metronomes.
Happy New Year!
dk
Domo arigato, Mr. Rubato!
(with apologies to Styx)
Frank Berger
2021-12-31 19:55:56 UTC
On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 12:05:59 -0500, Frank Berger
Post by Frank Berger
Post by Graham
Post by HT
I just want to draw people’s attention to this recording, which I’ve just discovered and I think it’s interesting. The original recording is this
https://www.discogs.com/release/12165146-Chopin-Eric-Heidsieck-Intégrale-25-Préludes-
The digital release is everywhere, including YouTube
http://youtu.be/h0sCcgaXbug
Thanks! great performances.
Henk
Spotify has all his CDs I think.  There is a 2021 4 disc set of
Handel's suites, for example.  Anybody have other recommendations for
this pianist's work?
I think he recorded the LvB cello sonatas with Tortelier.
Yes.
Odd ( or not?) that the Chopin preludes have never been released on CD.
The item on Spotify seems to be a CD: © 2021 Alexandre Bak - Classical
Music/ /Reference Recording
Not sure why you say it's a CD. Turns out Cassopee did release the Preludes on CD, but there's no sign of a copy anywhere.
Ricardo Jimenez
2021-12-31 20:56:02 UTC
Post by Frank Berger
Post by Graham
Post by HT
[...]
Well, if it walks like a duck ... Spotify has two Heidsieck Chopin
listings from the Alexandre Bak source. The 2021 has just the
preludes while the 2020 has the 4 ballades in addition. They also
show what appears to be the album covers. What else could a
"Classical Music Reference Recording" from a late date be besides a
CD?
Frank Berger
Why can't it simply be a digital transfer (by Alexandre Bak, I suppose) from an LP or a direct rip from the Cassiopee CD? As for album covers anyone can design those.
Frank Lekens
2022-01-01 10:52:32 UTC
Post by HT
I just want to draw people’s attention to this recording, which I’ve just discovered and I think it’s interesting. The original recording is this
https://www.discogs.com/release/12165146-Chopin-Eric-Heidsieck-Intégrale-25-Préludes-
The digital release is everywhere, including YouTube
http://youtu.be/h0sCcgaXbug
Thanks! great performances.
Henk
Spotify has all his CDs I think. There is a 2021 4 disc set of
Handel's suites, for example. Anybody have other recommendations for
this pianist's work?
Not all of them, by far.
True, the Warner reissues are all there, and some of his later
recordings. But I think he rerecorded the Fauré, I can't find that.
There's also a disc with late Mozart recordings, and that's from a spate
of what seem to be Japan only cd's that haven't made it to Spotify in
any guise I can find.

O, here a handy list, a lot of Japanese import cd's that don't seem to
be on Spotify"; a complete Mozart sonata set even:

https://www.amazon.com/Eric-Heidsieck/e/B002E120MO/works/ref=ntt_mus_teaser?

E.g.:
https://www.amazon.com/%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%82%B7%E3%82%A7%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BB%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AB-Heidsieck-Recital-%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E8%A7%A3%E8%AA%AC%E6%9B%B8%E4%BB%98/dp/B001QIJDDA
https://www.amazon.com/Waldstein-Eric-Heidsieck/dp/B00LY9WCSE
https://www.amazon.com/Uwajima-Ii-Beethoven-Recital-Eric-Heidsieck/dp/B00LY9WBLW
https://www.amazon.com/%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%82%B7%E3%82%A7%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-%E5%AE%87%E5%92%8C%E5%B3%B6%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B42-Heidsieck-Uwajima-Beethoven/dp/B001QIA0FK/
https://www.amazon.com/%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A4%E3%83%89%E3%82%B7%E3%82%A7%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-Op-15%E3%80%8D%E3%80%81%E3%83%89%E3%83%93%E3%83%A5%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%BC-Heidsieck-Kinderszenen-Childrens/dp/B001OC49H8
https://www.e-onkyo.com/music/album/wnr190295060374/

Might be that these are available in Spotify in such a way you can only
find them if you enter the Japanese titles, I don't know. If you do find
them, please create a playlist and share it, because I can't find them.
(I have some of the cd's, but not all by far.)
--
Frank Lekens

http://fmlekens.home.xs4all.nl/
https://franklekens.blogspot.nl/