Legendary Archives - A new label for lovers of historical classical recordings
Add Reply
Legendary Archives
2020-11-17 22:45:05 UTC
Exciting news for lovers of the legends! New discoveries available for the first time ever. This month's releases feature Otto Klemperer, Hans Rosbaud, Ataulfo Argenta, Constantin Silvestri, Rafael Kubelik, Carl Schuricht, Hermann Abendroth, Edwin Fischer, Friedrich Gulda, Jacques Thibaud, Samson François and many more. Many of these are published for the first time and have been meticulously restored. Please spread the word in the classical community: become a follower today and don't miss out on our new releases:

legendaryarchives.bandcamp.com
dk

dk
drh8h

dk
Legendary Archives
2020-11-18 19:20:24 UTC
The long-awaited unpublished recording of Hermann Abendroth conducting Mahler's Fourth Symphony is now available! The release can be found at:

legendaryarchives.bandcamp.com

Also just released, another unpublished document from the Salzburg Festival 1955: Rafael Kubelik conducts the Vienna Philharmonic.

A huge thanks to all those folks who have bought our releases. We hope you will enjoy them all.
dk
2020-11-18 21:32:02 UTC
Post by Legendary Archives
The long-awaited unpublished recording of Hermann Abendroth conducting
legendaryarchives.bandcamp.com
One wonders if this is genuine or just another mis-attributed recording like
so many others. If authentic, this would be Abendroth's only performance
of a work by Mahler. It seems unlikely for a conductor to perform only one
work of a conductor he clearly was not much interested in promoting.

In addition, Abendroth was notoriously antisemitic and a Nazi party
member. This smells rather fishy to me.

dk
Legendary Archives
2020-11-18 21:51:57 UTC
Actually you're wrong: Abendroth conducted at least the First and Fourth symphonies, as well as the song cycles, both before and after the war on many occasions. They were a fixed part of his repertoire. And we do not waste our time on 'supposed' recordings: every one of our releases is 100% genuine.
Frank Berger
2020-11-18 23:15:03 UTC
Post by Legendary Archives
The long-awaited unpublished recording of Hermann Abendroth conducting
legendaryarchives.bandcamp.com
One wonders if this is genuine or just another mis-attributed recording like
so many others. If authentic, this would be Abendroth's only performance
of a work by Mahler. It seems unlikely for a conductor to perform only one
work of a conductor he clearly was not much interested in promoting.
In addition, Abendroth was notoriously antisemitic and a Nazi party
member. This smells rather fishy to me.
dk
I did a 15 minute search and didn't find anything to
indicate Abendroth was "notoriously" antisemitic. When the
Nazis first took over he was fired from one position because
he was considered to liberal. Later he joined the Nazi
Party and occupied important music positions thoughout the
war. What evidence is there that he was anything worse than
an opportunist or a coward? As I said in another post,
there are degrees of evil.