OT - 2020 U.S. presidential election
2020-05-02 20:36:54 UTC
After Nov., Pres. Biden?:

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article242448296.html
Oscar
2020-05-02 21:17:07 UTC
From the article:

<< In fairness to Biden, he is a stable, experienced and accomplished politician. While some of his qualities are not unique, compared to the president’s disruptive nature, they are appealing in a way that would not have prevailed if we had a typical Republican in the White House. >>

Stable?? I'm afraid he is neither stable _nor_ a genius.
graham
2020-05-02 22:19:39 UTC
So he's like Trump then.
John Hood
2020-05-03 01:18:27 UTC
Post by Oscar
<< In fairness to Biden, he is a stable, experienced and accomplished politician. While some of his qualities are not unique, compared to the president’s disruptive nature, they are appealing in a way that would not have prevailed if we had a typical Republican in the White House. >>
Stable?? I'm afraid he is neither stable _nor_ a genius.
When was the last (or first for that matter) genius American president?

JH
Ricardo Jimenez
2020-05-03 01:25:08 UTC
On Sun, 3 May 2020 09:18:27 +0800, John Hood
Post by John Hood
<< In fairness to Biden, he is a stable, experienced and accomplished politician. While some of his qualities are not unique, compared to the president’s disruptive nature, they are appealing in a way that would not have prevailed if we had a typical Republican in the White House. >>
Stable?? I'm afraid he is neither stable _nor_ a genius.
When was the last (or first for that matter) genius American president?
JH
JQ Adams might fit that description. At the age of 13 he was sent to
the Court of Catherine the Great to act as French translator for the
American envoy.
dk
2020-05-03 01:45:04 UTC
Post by John Hood
Post by Oscar
<< In fairness to Biden, he is a stable, experienced and accomplished politician. While some of his qualities are not unique, compared to the president’s disruptive nature, they are appealing in a way that would not have prevailed if we had a typical Republican in the White House. >>
Stable?? I'm afraid he is neither stable _nor_ a genius.
When was the last (or first for that matter) genius American president?
JH
JQ Adams might fit that description. At the age of 13 he was sent to
the Court of Catherine the Great to act as French translator for the
American envoy.
Not clear to me how that makes him a
"genius". Babbling in two languages
does not make anyone smarter than
babbling in one.

2020-05-03 02:11:44 UTC
Post by John Hood
Post by Oscar
<< In fairness to Biden, he is a stable, experienced and accomplished
politician. While some of his qualities are not unique, compared to
the president’s disruptive nature, they are appealing in a way that
would not have prevailed if we had a typical Republican in the White
House. >>
Stable?? I'm afraid he is neither stable _nor_ a genius.
When was the last (or first for that matter) genius American president?
JH
Don't know, but considering brilliant people are found are all sides of
all issues, it's not clear that being brilliant is a particularly
important characteristic in a politician.
p***@classicalnotes.net
We've had enough self-proclaimed "genius." It's time we had a president who appoints advisors who actually have expertise in their claimed fields (rather than relatives and sycophants) and will actually listen to and be guided by their input (rather than rely on his irrational, impulsive whims).
Frank Berger
To a large extent, what I said about geniuses applies to "experts" as well.
Bob Harper
2020-05-03 16:26:48 UTC
Post by Frank Berger
Post by John Hood
Post by Oscar
[...]
But Frank, what would we do without experts?
(Live in a saner world, perhaps.)

2020-05-03 19:40:38 UTC
Post by Frank Berger
Post by John Hood
Post by Oscar
[...]
Thank God politicians make public policy decisions and not experts nor
geniuses.
Oscar
2020-05-03 22:54:46 UTC
Obama complained about many problems that President Trump is fixing. For example:

1. Trade with China. Obama complained about that multiple times. President Trump is making progress.
2. N.A.T.O. not paying their share. Ditto
3. Tax inversions. Obama tried to change the regulations to stop them. Trump took away the incentive via the tax reform of 2017.
4. ISIS. Obama couldn't beat ISIS. Under Trump, they are defeated.

And then there's this:

From Town Hall:

<< New Biden Accuser: He Complimented My Breasts When I Was 14 Years Old
By Matt Vespa
May 01, 2020

Former Vice President Joe Biden has done an abysmal job neutralizing stories that could damage his presidential hopes. His son, Hunter, who has no experience in the energy sector, allegedly sold access to top Obama officials in 2014, while sitting on the board for a Ukrainian company while daddy Biden was spearheading efforts to root out corruption at the time. Now, he’s been slapped with a serious sexual assault allegation from a former Senate aide, Tara Reade, who alleges the then-Delaware senator penetrated her with his fingers in 1993. And Reade is not alone. There are scores of women who have come forward to describe what could only be called sexual harassment, with Joey being handsy and smelling their hair. Now, we have a woman who alleges that Biden complimented her breasts when she was 14 years old. This isn’t an old story either, like from the 1970s. This incident reportedly occurred at a fundraiser in 2008 (via Law and Crime):

My classmate, Eva, has just come forward with her story about an inappropriate exchange with Joe Biden when she was fourteen. This has been incredibly hard for her to do. I commend her for her bravery, and for helping other women potentially come forward. https://t.co/0VAnXNBjXl
— Nicole Alexander Fisher (@_nalexander) May 1, 2020

< A woman says she was sexually harassed by presumptive Democratic Party presidential nominee Joe Biden when she was 14 years old.

The woman, Eva Murry, told Law&Crime that Biden complimented her on the size of her breasts at the First State Gridiron Dinner & Show in 2008, a long-running roast of and party for politicians, journalists and prominent business figures held each year in Delaware. Murry says she remembers the event occurring sometime around May of that year.

One friend and her sister said that Murry told her details of the alleged incident more or less immediately after it happened. Four other friends of Murry’s said they were told about the incident, with the same details, between two and three years after it originally occurred.

Law&Crime interviewed Murry, her sister, and those friends over the course of multiple days. Murry is the niece of former Republican Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell and said she occasionally received school credit for attending such political events. O’Donnell was running a long-shot campaign against Biden at the time that the alleged sexual harassment incident occurred.
[…]
According to Gridiron Dinner Secretary Cathy Klocko, the roast is held the first Saturday of every May, which would place the 2008 event on May 3 of that year. Klocko went on to note that until recently the event was secretive and did not release information such as guest lists or photographs of the event.

“I remember walking into the lobby and being in awe of all the people in such fancy clothes,” Murry said in an interview. “Our two parties of people gravitated towards each other and everyone started saying their hellos. When it was Biden and my aunt’s turn to say hello he quickly turned to me and asked how old I was. I replied with my age and he replied with the comment ‘Fourteen? You’re very well endowed for 14!’ I was confused but it was definitely weird, he looked me up and down and hovered his eyes on my chest so I had some clue [about] the notion of his comment but didn’t fully understand at the time. We quickly separated from his area after the encounter.” >

The publication noted that Murray told her friends, Aileen Callaghan, Katielynn Weaver, and Victoria Anstey, about this incident. Eva’s older sister, Jenna, told Law and Crime that her younger sister detailed this creepy encounter to her a week or so after the dinner. Again, there's more corroborating evidence with this story than during the entire Brett Kavanaugh witch hunt. >>

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/05/01/another-biden-accuser-n2568043
g***@gmail.com
2020-05-03 13:28:14 UTC
Post by Frank Berger
Post by John Hood
Post by Oscar
[...]
Do Trump's advisors need to force him to sign a kind of Magna Carta?:

https://books.google.com/books?id=HcKD92ly5CIC&pg=PA57&dq=%22great+men+are+used+to+taking+advice,+but+they+only+agree+to+that+which+serves+their+own+interests%22&hl=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiPjYff1PDoAhVLs54KHW6eAGoQ6AEwAHoECAAQAg#v=onepage&q=%22great%20men%20are%20used%20to%20taking%20advice%2C%20but%20they%20only%20agree%20to%20that%20which%20serves%20their%20own%20interests%22&f=false
g***@gmail.com
2020-05-09 22:20:44 UTC
Post by Frank Berger
Post by John Hood
Post by Oscar
[...]
This article on Trump mentions expertise over a dozen times:

https://www.sesp.northwestern.edu/files/pdfs/Dan_McAdams_Trump_Primal_Leader_2017.pdf
Raymond Hall
2020-05-03 03:57:57 UTC
Post by John Hood
Post by Oscar
<< In fairness to Biden, he is a stable, experienced and accomplished politician. While some of his qualities are not unique, compared to the president’s disruptive nature, they are appealing in a way that would not have prevailed if we had a typical Republican in the White House. >>
Stable?? I'm afraid he is neither stable _nor_ a genius.
When was the last (or first for that matter) genius American president?
JH
Nobody who was a genius, or above a certain IQ, would ever need or want to be a politician. Money and the gift of the yap, in dispensing mostly bullshit, are the qualities that succeed in attracting the rabble. The more thinking type are mostly lefties.

2020-05-03 04:13:02 UTC
Thinking of more ways to take my money, to seize my guns, to corral my carbon footprint? More ways to control my movements, to regulate my inalienable rights, to force into submission thoughts and actions the State determines (thinks) disqualifying? You got dat right!
Oscar
2020-05-03 09:03:52 UTC
“My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there’s hardly any difference. An honest public servant can’t become rich in politics. You can’t get rich in politics unless you’re a crook. It cannot be allowed to be done.” -President Harry S. Truman

Donald J. Trump takes no salary as President _and_ is draining the swamp.
Joe Biden took Air Force 2 to China and Ukraine with his son making nepotism millions. There is also Biden's claim that he was tougher on CHI-NAH than Trump. Absurd. And last, Biden is the most powerful career politician ever from the biggest banking state in the country: Delaware. Grease, graft and greed. And digital penetration of female subordinates after 3-martini lunches.

So, there's that.
g***@gmail.com
2020-05-03 01:07:01 UTC
https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article242448296.html
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/why-china-likely-wants-trump-to-lose-the-election
g***@gmail.com
2020-05-10 16:21:23 UTC
https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article242448296.html
What the man who predicted Trump's win in 2016 says about 2020:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/04/04/what-are-trumps-chances-in-2020/
JohnGavin
2020-05-11 13:34:58 UTC
This is a retweet by pianist Marc-André Hamelin from this morning:

2 Americans died of Ebola: They said Barack Obama should resign.

4 Americans died in Benghazi: They had Hillary Clinton testify for 11 hours, held 33 hearings, and launched a multiyear probe.

Donald Trump *might* come in at less than 250,000 Americans dead: They cheer.