The New Music series -- RCA circa 1968
2020-09-15 22:56:54 UTC
It looks like there were three LPs in thus series --

https://www.discogs.com/Boulez-Haubenstock-Ramati-Maderna-Rome-Symphony-Orchestra-Bruno-Maderna-The-New-Music-Volume-2/master/122689

Sony has issued volume 1 on CD (88765499962).

So far no sign of volumes 2 and 3.

Anyone heard anything about these?

Maybe the material has been collected elsewhere? Thanks.
JohnA
Volume 2 and the Nono and Berio titles from Volume 3 were released as disc 10 in the Masterworks of the 20th Century box, 88875-06190-2
number_six
Thanks, John!
Tassilo
2020-09-17 01:36:30 UTC
Those three Maderna LP’s were originally part of a 3-LP compilation entitled “La musica nuova” released in Italy on Italian RCA:

https://www.discogs.com/Stockhausen-Brown-Penderecki-Pousseur-Ramati-Maderna-Nono-Fukushima-Berio-Lehmann-Severino-Gazzellon/release/3753896

The three LP’s were eventually split into three volumes for release in the American market. Volume 1 and a compilation from volumes 2 & 3 were released on CD: the Nono and Berio items from v. 3 were added to the complete contents of v. 2:

http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/Drilldown?name_id1=11634&name_role1=1&comp_id=260194&bcorder=15&name_id=7507&name_role=3

http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/album.jsp?album_id=1153092

-Tassilo
number_six
2020-09-17 18:23:57 UTC
Thanks. Maderna as a conductor always impressed me, but my view of Maderna as a composer was greatly enhanced by my recent listen to Sinopoli's recordings of Quadrivium, Aura, etc.