Dudok Quartet Amsterdam play Brahms
Add Reply
Chris J.
2022-01-03 11:43:01 UTC
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/brahms-the-string-quartets-string-
quintet-no-2-dudok-quartet-amsterdam-lilli-maijala/nulqmglde5p7b
Rather good I think -- can't say I've ever heard a more interesting C
minor. Full of life, wide awake. Portamento -- tasteful portamento. Nice
sounding instruments.
I agree. Good HIP Brahms. I may even order the twofer.

Chris
Mandryka
If you like these quartets be sure to try Leila Schayegh's recording of the violin sonatas.
Chris J.
2022-01-03 13:07:17 UTC
Post by Mandryka
Post by Chris J.
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/brahms-the-string-quartets-string-
quintet-no-2-dudok-quartet-amsterdam-lilli-maijala/nulqmglde5p7b
Rather good I think -- can't say I've ever heard a more interesting C
minor. Full of life, wide awake. Portamento -- tasteful portamento.
Nice sounding instruments.
I agree. Good HIP Brahms. I may even order the twofer.
If you like these quartets be sure to try Leila Schayegh's recording of
the violin sonatas.
I may do that. Have you heard Korol and Grigorieva?

https://www.challengerecords.com/products/1194351431

Chris
Mandryka
2022-01-03 15:55:07 UTC
Post by Chris J.
Post by Mandryka
Post by Chris J.
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/brahms-the-string-quartets-string-
quintet-no-2-dudok-quartet-amsterdam-lilli-maijala/nulqmglde5p7b
Rather good I think -- can't say I've ever heard a more interesting C
minor. Full of life, wide awake. Portamento -- tasteful portamento.
Nice sounding instruments.
I agree. Good HIP Brahms. I may even order the twofer.
If you like these quartets be sure to try Leila Schayegh's recording of
the violin sonatas.
I may do that. Have you heard Korol and Grigorieva?
https://www.challengerecords.com/products/1194351431
Chris
No but I just listened to Track 1 and thought the piano was very good, I appreciated the balance of the two instruments.