Paul Badura Skoda
Bozo
2019-09-26 12:39:42 UTC
https://www.francemusique.fr/actualite-musicale/le-pianiste-paul-badura-skoda-est-mort-76933
Bozo
2019-09-26 16:43:08 UTC
I have the original Westminster lp of the complete Chopin Etudes, well worth hearing IMHO :

Dan Koren
2022-11-05 04:55:44 UTC
Post by Bozo
http://youtu.be/m2n7NMgzjwY
Thanks for posting.

It sounds very mechanical and metronomic.
Not surprising considering who performed.

dk
gggg gggg
2022-11-05 02:40:07 UTC
Post by Bozo
https://www.francemusique.fr/actualite-musicale/le-pianiste-paul-badura-skoda-est-mort-76933
(Upcoming radio program):

https://www.wfmt.com/2022/11/18/paul-badura-skoda-3-6-1989-2
Paul Alsing
2022-11-05 04:12:51 UTC
As far as I know, Paul Badura Skoda once owned Chopin's piano...
Dan Koren
2022-11-05 04:48:20 UTC
Post by Paul Alsing
Post by gggg gggg
Post by Bozo
https://www.francemusique.fr/actualite-musicale/le-pianiste-paul-badura-skoda-est-mort-76933
https://www.wfmt.com/2022/11/18/paul-badura-skoda-3-6-1989-2
As far as I know, Paul Badura Skoda once owned Chopin's piano...
With or without the pedals ?!?

dk
Paul Alsing
I haven't a clue... this is a factoid that I read about roughly 60 years ago... I have no proof whatsoever... just reporting what I read a long time ago,,, if you have evidence to the contrary, then I will stand corrected... it is not like it is an Earth-shaking event... I myself have a 4'-10" 1912 Aeolian which I like very much...
Dan Koren
2022-11-05 05:55:10 UTC
Post by Paul Alsing
Post by Dan Koren
Post by Paul Alsing
Post by gggg gggg
Post by Bozo
https://www.francemusique.fr/actualite-musicale/le-pianiste-paul-badura-skoda-est-mort-76933
https://www.wfmt.com/2022/11/18/paul-badura-skoda-3-6-1989-2
As far as I know, Paul Badura Skoda once owned Chopin's piano...
With or without the pedals ?!?
I haven't a clue... this is a factoid that I read about roughly 60 years ago...
I have no proof whatsoever... just reporting what I read a long time ago,,,
if you have evidence to the contrary, then I will stand corrected...
I asked out of curiosity. No other reason.

dk