Shostakovich
2018-11-06 18:13:22 UTC
I disagree that Toscanni hacked the "Leningrad." I think he gave it his most
scholarly and best attempt at the time...
- Toscanini sent me his recording of m Seventh Symphony and hearing it made me very angry. Everything is wrong. The spirit and the character and the tempi. It’s a sloppy, hack job.

Shostakovich
dk
2018-11-07 02:08:46 UTC
I disagree that Toscanni hacked the "Leningrad." I think he gave it his most
scholarly and best attempt at the time...
Toscanini sent me his recording of m Seventh
Symphony and hearing it made me very angry.
Everything is wrong. The spirit and the
character and the tempi. It’s a sloppy,
hack job.
Shostakovich