Sviatoslav Richter: early recordings 1946-1949 (first release)
Piano88
2020-02-16 22:07:19 UTC
Richter's earliest known live recordings (1946-1949) (first release on CD):

https://tinyurl.com/w753vze

FRANCK: Prelude, Choral et Fugue [Moscow, January 28, 1946 Radio Broadcast. The earliest known recording of Richter]
PROKOFIEV: Piano Sonata No. 8 [Moscow. 1946]
TCHAIKOVSKY: Grand Sonata in G major [Moscow. March 29, 1949]
Doremi Fasolla
Talking of "old" recordings ,did anyone ever hear of Richter playing Debussy's first arabesque?I heard that on an old Lp that my piano teacher brought along in class in ..1972!!!!It must have been an encore hearing the enthusiastic applause that followed...I have been chasing it since then...to no avail..
Franco Bruni
2021-01-18 11:03:26 UTC
Richter never played Debussy's first arabesque.