Interesting Beethoven sonata cycle overview from Dave Hurwitz
Add Reply
s***@nycap.rr.com
2020-06-16 14:12:33 UTC
Interesting:

His favorite overall modern cycle comes as no surprise.

MIFrost
Oscar
2020-06-16 17:45:40 UTC
I'm out as soon as he says WILL-helm Kempff instead of VIL-helm Kempff. Get it right, bozo! Is Wagner pronounced with an American 'W' coupled a flat Chicago 'A' too?
Ricardo Jimenez
2020-06-16 17:58:10 UTC
On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 10:45:40 -0700 (PDT), Oscar
Post by Oscar
I'm out as soon as he says WILL-helm Kempff instead of VIL-helm Kempff. Get it right, bozo! Is Wagner pronounced with an American 'W' coupled a flat Chicago 'A' too?
How many of the complete Beethoven piano sonata boxes has he claimed
he has gone through?
u***@gmail.com
2020-06-16 21:17:28 UTC
Actor Robert Wagner and NYC's Mayor Robert Wagner.
Frank Berger
2020-06-16 21:46:45 UTC
Post by u***@gmail.com
Post by Oscar
I'm out as soon as he says WILL-helm Kempff instead of VIL-helm Kempff. Get it right, bozo! Is Wagner pronounced with an American 'W' coupled a flat Chicago 'A' too?
Actor Robert Wagner and NYC's Mayor Robert Wagner.
Names should be pronounced however the owner of the name
prefers. There are no other rules.
msw design
2020-06-16 23:03:23 UTC
Raymond Luxury-Yacht would disagree.
Oscar
2020-06-16 23:23:35 UTC
I'd like you to accompany me as my pro bono (and armed) public defender every time I say Barack HUSSEIN Obama, then.
dk
2020-06-16 23:35:56 UTC
Post by Oscar
I'm out as soon as he says WILL-helm Kempff
instead of VIL-helm Kempff. Get it right,
bozo! Is Wagner pronounced with an American
'W' coupled a flat Chicago 'A' too?
Are you referring to Dick Wagner ?!?

2020-06-16 23:39:57 UTC
Are you referring to Dick Wagner ?!?
Dick Wagner, the great rock guitar player from Detroit City, who played with Alice Cooper, Lou Reed, et al.? Heck yes, I am!
Owen

I think we should be asking what the heck kind of name is Honus?
wkasimer
2020-06-17 16:22:26 UTC
I think we should be asking what the heck kind of name is Honus?
A nickname. His given name was Johannes Peter.
Mort
2020-06-17 22:21:12 UTC
Post by wkasimer
Post by Frank Berger
I think we should be asking what the heck kind of name is Honus?
A nickname. His given name was Johannes Peter.
In Holland and Germany, the usual abbreviation is HANS.

Mort Linder
s***@nycap.rr.com
2020-06-18 14:08:56 UTC
Post by s***@nycap.rr.com
http://youtu.be/p3-fow2ab3w
His favorite overall modern cycle comes as no surprise.
MIFrost
Bringing us back to the topic -- apologies to Honus Wagner (or is it Vaaahg-ner?)-- here's David's take on the Beethoven symphony cycle.

MIFrost
wkasimer
2020-06-18 14:32:17 UTC
Although I don't think that I'd single out Wand's cycle for that kind of praise, it's hard to argue with any of Hurwitz's choices.
msw design
2020-06-18 17:36:59 UTC
Post by wkasimer
Post by s***@nycap.rr.com
Bringing us back to the topic -- apologies to Honus Wagner (or is it Vaaahg-ner?)-- here's David's take on the Beethoven symphony cycle.
Although I don't think that I'd single out Wand's cycle for that kind of praise, it's hard to argue with any of Hurwitz's choices.
Excellent list. "Video" David is growing on me.