Trifonov live at Verbier,2019
2019-07-23 01:37:27 UTC
Daniil Trifonov at Verbier July 20,2019, live video.

https://www.medici.tv/en/concerts/daniil-trifonov-plays-berg-prokofiev-bartok-copland-messiaen-ligeti-stockhausen-adams-and-corigliano/

Whatever your reaction , quite an achievement not to be missed, IMHO. My reaction was very positive. All played attaca with scores.

▪ Alban Berg, Piano Sonata, Op. 1
▪ Sergei Prokofiev, Sarcasms, Op.17
▪ Béla Bartók, Out of Doors, Sz.81
▪ Aaron Copland, Piano Variations
▪ Olivier Messiaen, Vingt Regards sur l'Enfant-Jésus
15. The kiss of the Infant Jesus

PAUSE

▪ György Ligeti, Musica ricercata
I. Sostenuto - Misurato - Prestissimo
II. Mesto, rigido e cerimoniale
III. Allegro con spirito
IV. Tempo di valse (poco vivace - « à l'orgue de Barbarie »)
▪ Karlheinz Stockhausen, Klavierstücke
IX. Klavierstück
▪ John Adams, China Gates
▪ John Corigliano, Fantasia on an Ostinato for Solo Piano

Encore:

▪ John Cage, 4′33″

( He played the Cage from memory, even after such a demanding prior program, but did use a wrist watch, Swiss I assume. )

And , Bravo to the page turner !
Bozo
2019-07-25 19:39:13 UTC
It is to be 37C. ( 99F.) in Amsterdam tomorrow , Friday, July 26 ; 26C. (78F.) in Verbier.
number_six
2019-07-27 01:54:45 UTC
I'll look at this over the weekend.

Intriguing program, don't think I'll hum along with the encore though.

Thanks for posting.

Owing to one of your earlier posts, I got a copy of the Ralph van Raat box on Naxos. It just arrived.
Bozo
2019-07-27 14:42:34 UTC
Post by number_six
Owing to one of your earlier posts, I got a copy of the Ralph van Raat box on Naxos. It just arrived.
van Raat playing a solo piano transcription of Debussy's " La Mer" :

number_six
2019-07-27 19:26:57 UTC
I enjoyed most of this.

Trifonov is intense throughout.

He brings the right 'TUDE especially for Prokofiev and Ligeti.

No coughing or murmuring during encore - I was surprised!

Thanks again for posting this.
Bozo
2019-07-27 19:42:27 UTC
Post by number_six
No coughing or murmuring during encore - I was surprised!
Perhaps audience was dazzled by his technique in the Cage ? Glad you enjoyed the recital.