lots of new releases ...
Neil
2020-09-09 13:58:02 UTC
A few things of interest (some mentioned already U I know)

- Bavouzet Beethoven PCs (he never makes a bad recording)
- A Kantorow Brahms, Bartok and Liszt
- Simon Rattle LSO/ Cunning Wee Vixen
- Dudamel Ives LAPO
- Clang Clang Gouldbergs (it's ok )

Anything else worth listening to ?
Frank Berger
2020-09-09 15:19:00 UTC
Post by Neil
A few things of interest (some mentioned already U I know)
- Bavouzet Beethoven PCs (he never makes a bad recording)
- A Kantorow Brahms, Bartok and Liszt
- Simon Rattle LSO/ Cunning Wee Vixen
- Dudamel Ives LAPO
- Clang Clang Gouldbergs (it's ok )
Anything else worth listening to ?
Is it possible the Dudamel/Ives will be download only?
There is no sign of or even mention of a CD release even the
download version has been available for some time. It's
strange that none of the sources even mention CD.
Alex Brown
2020-09-09 15:29:41 UTC
Post by Neil
A few things of interest (some mentioned already U I know)
- Bavouzet Beethoven PCs (he never makes a bad recording)
- A Kantorow Brahms, Bartok and Liszt
- Simon Rattle LSO/ Cunning Wee Vixen
- Dudamel Ives LAPO
- Clang Clang Gouldbergs (it's ok )
Anything else worth listening to ?
I've been grabbed by the new Gardner Peter Grimes - unashamedly beefy
and dramatic with great "natural" vocal contributions free of the "BBC
announcer" undertaste which I'm more used to in this work.
--
- Alex Brown