Frederic Rzewski on video - Beethoven Op. 106 Fugue
Peter Lemken
2018-08-17 20:13:10 UTC

Peter Lemken
+43-1
--
Nature abhors crude hacks.
Bozo
2018-08-17 21:02:43 UTC
Vielen dank !!
markhax
2018-08-17 21:22:15 UTC
Post by Peter Lemken
http://youtu.be/5KfEevNCFXs
Peter Lemken
+43-1
--
Nature abhors crude hacks.
Two nights ago at Tanglewood I heard Igor Levit play Rzewski's astonishing variations on "The People United." The performance was as astonishing at the piece.
Bozo
2018-08-17 23:21:26 UTC
You may wish to acquire ( I have not ) Levit's cd set of the Rzewski , LvB's " Diabelli", and Bach's " Goldberg".
Oscar
2018-08-18 06:02:25 UTC
Just read Jed Distler’s two-page spread on Rzewski in the August issue of Gramophone. Need to revisit the 7CD box on Nonesuch. Great American.
markhax
2018-08-20 12:24:43 UTC
Reading Robert Carl's rave review of the Nonesuch box on the Fanfare archive et inspired me to put down $100 for a "like new" set. If you have access here's the review: http://www.fanfarearchive.com/articles/atop/33_4/3344650.zzhf_RZEWSKI_North_American_Ballads.html?
HT
2018-08-18 08:43:47 UTC
Post by Peter Lemken
http://youtu.be/5KfEevNCFXs
Thanjks! As you said, stunning performance. What happened to the Adagio?

2018-08-18 09:23:21 UTC
Post by HT
Post by Peter Lemken
http://youtu.be/5KfEevNCFXs
Thanjks! As you said, stunning performance. What happened to the Adagio?
Henk
it was too slow.
Peter Lemken
2018-08-18 13:14:43 UTC
Post by HT
Post by Peter Lemken
http://youtu.be/5KfEevNCFXs
Thanjks! As you said, stunning performance. What happened to the Adagio?
Lost in transfer. I had a big collection of piano videos on VHS tapes in the
early 80s, but switched to Video8 for its PCM audio. Only transferred some
of these videos and gave the rest to a friend. I am trying to get hold of
it.

Peter Lemken
+43-1
Nature abhors crude hacks.
HT
2018-08-18 17:48:08 UTC
Post by Peter Lemken
Lost in transfer. I had a big collection of piano videos on VHS tapes in the
early 80s, but switched to Video8 for its PCM audio. Only transferred some
of these videos and gave the rest to a friend. I am trying to get hold of
it.
If I remember correctly (the video looks somehow familiar) the Adagio was fascinating. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks!
Henk
h***@btinternet.com
Does anyone have a recording of Rzewski playing Mendelssohn’s Songs Without Words they could let me hear?
Peter Lemken

Nature abhors crude hacks.
h***@btinternet.com
2018-08-23 16:59:17 UTC
There’s something that Steve Emerson once found where he drew an analogy between Songs Without Words and the flow of a river. Listening to this I can hear what he was getting at - he makes it sound like great music. I WANT MORE.
markhax
2018-08-23 16:55:37 UTC
Post by HT
Post by Peter Lemken
http://youtu.be/5KfEevNCFXs
Thanjks! As you said, stunning performance. What happened to the Adagio?
Henk
There's an audio recording of Rzewski doing the the complete Hammerklavier here: