William Byrd . John Bull . Kit Armstrong
2022-01-06 21:54:58 UTC
I just listened to this on Spotify and Wow! I can't remember enjoying
a piano more. It certainly tops what Glen Gould and others I've heard
did with this repertory. It is hard to hear the influence of
Armstrong's teacher Alfred Brendel, so don't let the prejudices you
might have from that association stop you from trying it out. Not all
young keyboard stars these days come from the piano competition
circuit.
raymond....@gmail.com
2022-01-07 00:25:17 UTC
I just listened to this on Spotify and Wow! I can't remember enjoying
a piano more.
Looking forward to giving this one an audition on AppleMusic. Will probably buy the CD. The one made Herky Hurwitz's 2021 year-end top ten best discs of 2022.
I'm looking forward to this one as well.
A welcome change from the usual same old same old repertoire.