Filter
2018-10-08 05:15:05 UTC
So, I just did something I've never done. I figured out how to set up a
filter, and set one up to eliminate messages from You-Know-Who. I
realize I'll still see messages which are responding to him, but if I
can eliminate half the garbage, I'll be happy. He's kinda like zebra
mussels, and it's important to do what we can.

since he gets virtually zero responses that should work.
m***@gmail.com
2018-10-08 16:33:09 UTC
Pointers? I'm using Google Groups in chrome and don't see any way to filter authors.
m***@gmail.com
2018-10-08 16:36:04 UTC
Care to offer a few pointers? I'm not seeing a way to do that.
Frank Berger
2018-10-08 16:40:26 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Care to offer a few pointers? I'm not seeing a way to do that.
I don't believe it's possible in google groups. In order to achieve
your end you must move on to a real newsreader. I have used Thunderbird
for years. It free and simple.
Bob Harper
2018-10-08 18:00:15 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Care to offer a few pointers? I'm not seeing a way to do that.
I don't believe it's possible in google groups.  In order to achieve
your end you must move on to a real newsreader.  I have used Thunderbird
for years. It free and simple.
That's what I have, and setting up a filter was easy--had to be for
someone as semi computer literate as I :).