Say Beethoven cycle
Add Reply
Frank Lekens
2019-09-08 11:25:23 UTC
Someone alerted me to what may be an even more interesting, at least
potentially more idiosyncratic complete Beethoven cycle in the offing:
by Fazil Say. February next year, according to this page:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/S%C3%A4mtliche-Klaviersonaten-1-32-allemand-Fazil/dp/B07XHZNLWZ/
--
Frank Lekens

http://fmlekens.home.xs4all.nl/
https://franklekens.blogspot.nl/
Bozo
2019-09-08 15:06:07 UTC
Post by Frank Lekens
Someone alerted me to what may be an even more interesting, at least
by Fazil Say.
Thanks.He'll be playing the "Appassionata" live in a few days in what apparently will be a free Medici TV event, with hopefully a period of free VOD thereafter :

https://www.medici.tv/en/concerts/fazil-say-plays-chopin-beethoven-satie-and-say/
s***@nycap.rr.com
2019-09-09 16:24:16 UTC
His Mozart cycle is magnificent, imho.
MIFrost
s***@nycap.rr.com
2019-09-09 16:40:48 UTC
Jed Distler hates what Say has already done with LvB. https://www.classicstoday.com/review/review-12094/?search=1

MIFrost
Ricardo Jimenez
2019-09-10 00:29:11 UTC
Post by s***@nycap.rr.com
Jed Distler hates what Say has already done with LvB. https://www.classicstoday.com/review/review-12094/?search=1
MIFrost
I love the review (from a literary point of view). I added the disc
to my Spotify library to find out if I agree with his assessment of
the playing.
Ricardo Jimenez
2019-09-10 20:53:29 UTC
On Mon, 09 Sep 2019 20:29:11 -0400, Ricardo Jimenez
Post by Ricardo Jimenez
Post by s***@nycap.rr.com
Jed Distler hates what Say has already done with LvB. https://www.classicstoday.com/review/review-12094/?search=1
MIFrost
I love the review (from a literary point of view). I added the disc
to my Spotify library to find out if I agree with his assessment of
the playing.
I listened. His Beethoven playing reminded me of that of the HJ Lim
set. I am interested in how DK compares the two.
number_six
2019-09-11 01:13:59 UTC
Post by s***@nycap.rr.com
Jed Distler hates what Say has already done with LvB. https://www.classicstoday.com/review/review-12094/?search=1
MIFrost
Say it ain't so!

Liked his Stravinsky -- have not heard his Beethoven.