Fischer-Dieskau's recordings of Schubert's Winterreise?
Add Reply
Chris J.
2021-09-14 10:00:54 UTC
How many recordings of Schubert's Winterreise did Dietrich
Fischer-Dieskau make during his long career?
Any outstanding ones?

Chris
drh8h
2021-09-14 12:21:49 UTC
Post by Chris J.
How many recordings of Schubert's Winterreise did Dietrich
Fischer-Dieskau make during his long career?
Any outstanding ones?
Chris
I will get the count started: three with Moore (2 EMI, 1 DG); one DG with Demus (regarded by some as the best); one each with Perahia, Barenboim and Brendel. Those are the studio jobs: also a couple of early versions on Audite from radio broadcasts very early in his career; a radio version with Pollini on Orfeo. Those are just the ones I can find on Amazon and the bowels of my fading memory. The Moore DG and all the versions with celebrity pianists are from his later period of of vocal decline. When did the man sleep?

DH
gggg gggg

Schubert: Winterreise - Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau (1952)
gggg gggg

Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau;" WINTERREISE"; (1948); Franz Schubert
gggg gggg
2021-11-26 02:12:49 UTC
Post by Chris J.
How many recordings of Schubert's Winterreise did Dietrich
Fischer-Dieskau make during his long career?
Any outstanding ones?
Chris
(Y. upload):

Schubert: Die Winterreise D. 911 / Fischer Dieskau & Brendel