La Boheme: Pav, Freni & Schippers
Add Reply
MIFrost
2018-12-05 18:17:10 UTC
Hi all. I wonder if anyone can tell me if there's a difference in sound between this:
https://www.amazon.com/Puccini-Boheme-Pavarotti-Bruscantini-Schippers/dp/B002L7TNDK
and this:
https://www.amazon.com/Puccini-Boh%C3%A8me-Pavarotti-Freni-Schippers/dp/B000000UOE?

I assume they're the same recorded performance but is one in better "sound" than the other? Anyone here know?

TIA

MIFrost
MIFrost
2018-12-05 18:21:30 UTC
Post by MIFrost
https://www.amazon.com/Puccini-Boheme-Pavarotti-Bruscantini-Schippers/dp/B002L7TNDK
https://www.amazon.com/Puccini-Boh%C3%A8me-Pavarotti-Freni-Schippers/dp/B000000UOE?
I assume they're the same recorded performance but is one in better "sound" than the other? Anyone here know?
TIA
MIFrost
Oops. Never mind. I see the first is unavailable.

MIFrost
MiNe109
2018-12-05 21:02:22 UTC
Post by MIFrost
Post by MIFrost
https://www.amazon.com/Puccini-Boheme-Pavarotti-Bruscantini-Schippers/dp/B002L7TNDK
https://www.amazon.com/Puccini-Boh%C3%A8me-Pavarotti-Freni-Schippers/dp/B000000UOE?
I assume they're the same recorded performance but is one in better "sound" than the other? Anyone here know?
TIA
MIFrost
Oops. Never mind. I see the first is unavailable.
The Opera D'Oro release is warmly reviewed.

https://www.amazon.com/Puccini-Bohème-Giacomo/dp/B0000CG8BT

It's on spotify but I found it thru google when I couldn't with the
spotify search. FWIW, that's the 'Pavarotti Edition' not the 'Grand
Tier' or whatever the original issue was called.

Stephen