Malofeev Rach PC3
raymond....@gmail.com
2021-01-19 03:08:31 UTC

This kid has a control way way beyond his years.

Apologies for those already aware of this phenom.

2021-01-19 20:46:02 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/SCHg9tup9NA
This kid has a control way way beyond his years.
Apologies for those already aware of this phenom.
Ray Hall, Taree
Wow. Thanks for the link.

Bob Harper
Graham
2021-01-20 15:54:24 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/SCHg9tup9NA
This kid has a control way way beyond his years.
Apologies for those already aware of this phenom.
Ray Hall, Taree
Wow. Thanks for the link.
Bob Harper
I had to turn off the screen! That videographer/editor shouldn't be allowed
near a camera!
Frank Berger
2021-01-20 16:18:35 UTC
Post by Graham
Post by Bob Harper
Post by ***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/SCHg9tup9NA
This kid has a control way way beyond his years.
Apologies for those already aware of this phenom.
Ray Hall, Taree
Wow. Thanks for the link.
Bob Harper
I had to turn off the screen! That videographer/editor shouldn't be allowed
near a camera!
I didn't care much for his facial expressions either. I
think he had an upset stomach or something.
Graham
2021-01-20 18:05:23 UTC
Post by Graham
Post by Bob Harper
Post by ***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/SCHg9tup9NA
This kid has a control way way beyond his years.
Apologies for those already aware of this phenom.
Ray Hall, Taree
Wow. Thanks for the link.
Bob Harper
I had to turn off the screen! That videographer/editor shouldn't be allowed
near a camera!
I didn't care much for his facial expressions either. I
think he had an upset stomach or something.
As a general rule I avoid music videos. Every few bars they switch to
something different, whether it's a shot of the horn or oboe, sometimes
without a full shot of the player. Just as the piano part is getting
interesting, they switch from a keyboard view to catch the facial
distortions of the soloist.
This video was particularly bad.
Mr. Mike
2021-01-21 15:06:17 UTC
Post by Graham
As a general rule I avoid music videos. Every few bars they switch to
something different, whether it's a shot of the horn or oboe, sometimes
without a full shot of the player. Just as the piano part is getting
interesting, they switch from a keyboard view to catch the facial
distortions of the soloist.
Some (? maybe all) Karajan videos are particularly awful, aside from
showing closeups of the maestro who seems to be snoozing. You often
don't see the faces of the players, just their hands and instruments,
like there are no human beings playing in the orchestra.

The beginning of the video that HvK did with Weissenberg playing
Tchaikovsky 1st is particularly stupid.

Bernstein with Vienna PO playing Mahler is also irritating, they will
often cut away to show a single note playing on the glockenspiel or
something like that.

On the other hand, I want to see the iron chains in Gurrelieder! And
at one point in Heldenleben during the battle, a cymbal is struck
with a wooden hammer. I want to see that as well. When the Vancouver
Symphony played this piece ages ago, the percussionist didn't even do
this hammer stroke, I was pissed.

Chris from Lafayette
2021-01-19 21:37:33 UTC
http://youtu.be/SCHg9tup9NA
I agree, but he didn't get too far in the last Tchaikovsky Competition. I wonder if he'll return for the next one.
raymond....@gmail.com
2021-01-21 06:36:08 UTC
Post by Chris from Lafayette
Post by ***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/SCHg9tup9NA
This kid has a control way way beyond his years.
Apologies for those already aware of this phenom.
Ray Hall, Taree
I agree, but he didn't get too far in the last Tchaikovsky Competition. I wonder if he'll return for the next one.
I never bother about music competitions. They don't prove that much imho.