WNCN-FM New York "Eine Kliene"
Kunz Klingsor
2021-12-26 03:29:01 UTC
Someone was wondering if a listener of WNCN and Bill Watson era was still around, well, I am. Listened to it from NYC since leaving the US Army. Even today I listen to classical music all day, every day. So delighted I came across this page. At times listened to Brice Bond, WPAT. It be nice to here from someone from that time still with a pulse. :-)
Steven Bornfeld
2021-12-26 04:21:06 UTC
Most of us are on life support.
3mmm
2021-12-26 07:14:25 UTC
On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 23:21:06 -0500, Steven Bornfeld
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Post by Kunz Klingsor
Someone was wondering if a listener of WNCN and Bill Watson era was still around, well, I am. Listened to it from NYC since leaving the US Army. Even today I listen to classical music all day, every day. So delighted I came across this page. At times listened to Brice Bond, WPAT. It be nice to here from someone from that time still with a pulse. :-)
Most of us are on life support.
I lived in Westchester County in 1967-1969 doing my final 2 years of
training before beginning my 2 year tour in the Air Force.
I listened to Watson fairly often but I was often asleep by the time
he really got going. He was responsible for a life changing listening
experience when I tuned in midway through the Jurgen Jugens
"Monteverdi Vespers" and I learned about the music of one of the great
"3Ms" - Monteverdi, Mozart and Mahler.
Fortunately I can still listen to music while on "life support" when
they lighten up on the sedation. I can't hear it so well but I listen.
(-:
Dan Koren
2021-12-28 01:36:34 UTC
Post by 3mmm
On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 23:21:06 -0500, Steven Bornfeld
experience when I tuned in midway through
the Jurgen Jugens "Monteverdi Vespers" and I l
earned about the music of one of the great "3Ms"
Monteverdi, Mozart and Mahler.
No Mendelssohn, Meyerbeer, Moszkowski,
Mompou, Milhaud, Martinu, Miaskovsky or
Mascagni? Or even Monk or Moricone? How
about M&M?

dk
B. A. Nilsson
2021-12-29 17:40:29 UTC
I have fond memories of listening with Watson, and even recorded a snippet of his show when he was on WBAI. As I have found no other audio evidence of him online, I posted it at
Not really representative of his joy with music, but at least it captured the flavor of his palaver.

-- Byron

AB
2021-12-26 18:59:57 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
Someone was wondering if a listener of WNCN and Bill Watson era was still around, well, I am. Listened to it from NYC since leaving the US Army. Even today I listen to classical music all day, every day. So delighted I came across this page. At times listened to Brice Bond, WPAT. It be nice to here from someone from that time still with a pulse. :-)
Most of us are on life support.
I heard the last broadcast when it went off the air.......... no previous warning.

AB