ID Martinon Ravel G major piano cto soloist 1956?
mswd...@gmail.com
2022-01-03 14:04:24 UTC
I have a Ravel G major piano concerto MP3 that I got from Operashare a long time back, and my notes say it is the Orchestre National de l'O.R.T.F, from March 23, 1956.

I can't make out mention of the soloist at the end of the track when the announcer comes in, so maybe the original poster didn't know the soloist. Could be my oversight, though.

Does anyone have a reference that might help ID the pianist? Thanks.
JohnGavin
2022-01-03 14:21:18 UTC
Pretty sure it’s Michelangeli.
Jimmy
2022-01-03 20:44:32 UTC
It is Jeanne-Marie Darré.
Post by ***@gmail.com
I have a Ravel G major piano concerto MP3 that I got from Operashare a long time back, and my notes say it is the Orchestre National de l'O.R.T.F, from March 23, 1956.
I can't make out mention of the soloist at the end of the track when the announcer comes in, so maybe the original poster didn't know the soloist. Could be my oversight, though.
Does anyone have a reference that might help ID the pianist? Thanks.
Monuique Haas recorded this concerto in 1956 for DGG with Paul Paray conducting the Orchestre National de l'O.R.T.F