Erich Kleiber Complete Polydors
drh8h
2021-01-08 17:44:02 UTC
I received an email from Eloquence showing this as a future release. No date, of course. Hoping Mark Obert-Thorn is involved.

Also, Demessieux, Maag, Boult, Anthony Collins, and Markevitch boxes in the works.

Dennis
Randy Lane
2021-01-08 17:47:37 UTC
Yahoo - especially Markevitch and Maag.
Mark Obert-Thorn
2021-01-08 19:18:26 UTC
Post by drh8h
I received an email from Eloquence showing this as a future release. No date, of course. Hoping Mark Obert-Thorn is involved.
Also, Demessieux, Maag, Boult, Anthony Collins, and Markevitch boxes in the works.
Yes, the Kleiber set is one of my projects. I also contributed transfers to the Demessieux and Collins boxes.

Mark O-T
Invocation
2021-01-08 20:50:17 UTC
Eloquence did not reveal the details of the Collins box. Is it a box of his complete Decca recordings?
Mark Obert-Thorn
2021-01-09 00:54:14 UTC
Post by Invocation
Eloquence did not reveal the details of the Collins box. Is it a box of his complete Decca recordings?
I just confirmed with Cyrus Meher-Homji that it will indeed be his complete Deccas.

Mark O-T
Invocation
2021-01-09 00:56:36 UTC
Thanks! That's great to know!
Mark O-T
fomalhaut
2021-01-12 16:06:50 UTC
The Kleiber Box is most important and deeply awaited.
I am still using my poor 78 transfers of Berlioz's Oveture to the Roman Carnival and Schubert's Unfinished both recorded Polydor circa 1928.
fomalhaut
drh8h
2021-01-13 13:39:43 UTC
Post by fomalhaut
The Kleiber Box is most important and deeply awaited.
I am still using my poor 78 transfers of Berlioz's Oveture to the Roman Carnival and Schubert's Unfinished both recorded Polydor circa 1928.
fomalhaut
I am hoping for small miracles here. I have those two recordings also, plus the William Tell Overture, and the sound and pressings seem way below other DGs I have heard from the period.

Dennis