RIP: Marvin Hamlisch
Mark S
2012-08-07 17:57:57 UTC
Just reported on NBC.
Abbeddrose Bierce
2012-08-07 18:00:14 UTC
On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 10:57:57 -0700 (PDT), Mark S
Post by Mark S
Just reported on NBC.
A young man

Abbedd
Oscar
2012-08-07 19:40:08 UTC
Post by Mark S
Just reported on NBC.
NBC interrupted the Olympics to report the death of Marvin Hamlisch? AS IF.
Matthew B. Tepper
2012-08-08 04:15:55 UTC
Oscar <***@gmail.com> appears to have caused the following
letters to be typed in news:b533fc15-143a-48f4-9b69-c4de9b6cbb93
Post by Oscar
Post by Mark S
Just reported on NBC.
NBC interrupted the Olympics to report the death of Marvin Hamlisch? AS IF.
Did they delay the news to save it for prime-time because it was just too
difficult for us American audiences to understand?

Note that NASA can feed us high-resolution images from Mars, 154 millions
miles away, in 14 minutes, but it takes six hours for NBC to report on the
Olympics from London. And to think that some people think government can't
do anything any better than Big Business.
--
Matthew B. Tepper: WWW, science fiction, classical music, ducks!!
Read about "Proty" here: http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/proty.html
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers.
Steve de Mena
2012-08-08 07:46:43 UTC
Post by Oscar
Post by Mark S
Just reported on NBC.
NBC interrupted the Olympics to report the death of Marvin Hamlisch? AS IF.
Did they delay the news to save it for prime-time because it was just too
difficult for us American audiences to understand?
Note that NASA can feed us high-resolution images from Mars, 154 millions
miles away, in 14 minutes, but it takes six hours for NBC to report on the
Olympics from London. And to think that some people think government can't
do anything any better than Big Business.
I thought NBC was offering about 6-8 cable channels dedicated to
Olympics coverage plus iPhone and iPad live coverage available through
most cable systems. 3-5 thousand hours of coverage.

Steve
Bob Harper
2012-08-08 13:00:33 UTC
Post by Oscar
Post by Mark S
Just reported on NBC.
NBC interrupted the Olympics to report the death of Marvin Hamlisch? AS IF.
Did they delay the news to save it for prime-time because it was just too
difficult for us American audiences to understand?
Note that NASA can feed us high-resolution images from Mars, 154 millions
miles away, in 14 minutes, but it takes six hours for NBC to report on the
Olympics from London. And to think that some people think government
can't
do anything any better than Big Business.
I thought NBC was offering about 6-8 cable channels dedicated to
Olympics coverage plus iPhone and iPad live coverage available through
most cable systems. 3-5 thousand hours of coverage.
Steve
If you have cable, you can get just about any event live. I don't, so
I'm stuck with the delayed coverage, and yes, I do find its attempt to
appear 'live' annoying, with commentary that is inane or worse. But I've
chosen not to have cable, and I can always turn the sound down. The
performances, as always, illustrate the thrill of victory (Phelps and
the WNT v. Canada) and the agony of defeat (Maroney finishing second on
the vault and Lolo Jones finishing out of the medals). Add Usain Bolt,
and you've got some pretty good entertainment :)

Bob Harper
Steve de Mena
2012-08-08 20:33:21 UTC
Post by Oscar
Post by Mark S
[...]
Are you getting HD channels over the air for free?

Steve
Bob Harper
2012-08-08 20:48:03 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by Bob Harper
Post by Oscar
Post by Mark S
[...]
Sometimes.

Bob Harper

Matthew B. Tepper
2012-08-08 14:33:27 UTC
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Oscar
Post by Mark S
Just reported on NBC.
NBC interrupted the Olympics to report the death of Marvin Hamlisch? AS IF.
Did they delay the news to save it for prime-time because it was just
too difficult for us American audiences to understand?
Note that NASA can feed us high-resolution images from Mars, 154
millions miles away, in 14 minutes, but it takes six hours for NBC to
report on the Olympics from London. And to think that some people
think government can't do anything any better than Big Business.
I thought NBC was offering about 6-8 cable channels dedicated to Olympics
coverage plus iPhone and iPad live coverage available through most cable
systems. 3-5 thousand hours of coverage.
You haven't been listening to Leo Laporte lately, have you? The online
coverage is only available to cable subscribers. Cord-cutters are SOL.
Steve de Mena
2012-08-08 20:32:17 UTC
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Oscar
Post by Mark S
Just reported on NBC.
NBC interrupted the Olympics to report the death of Marvin Hamlisch? AS IF.
Did they delay the news to save it for prime-time because it was just
too difficult for us American audiences to understand?
Note that NASA can feed us high-resolution images from Mars, 154
millions miles away, in 14 minutes, but it takes six hours for NBC to
report on the Olympics from London. And to think that some people
think government can't do anything any better than Big Business.
I thought NBC was offering about 6-8 cable channels dedicated to Olympics
coverage plus iPhone and iPad live coverage available through most cable
systems. 3-5 thousand hours of coverage.
You haven't been listening to Leo Laporte lately, have you? The online
coverage is only available to cable subscribers. Cord-cutters are SOL.
Was there something about "....available through most cable systems"
that didn't make it obvious I knew the live coverage was only
available that way? We even have a dedicated Olympics 3D channel on
our system (Time Warner).

"Cord-cutters" are typically cut out of all live events, no? (News,
Sports, etc.)

Steve