Pianist Andrew Tyson cd's
2019-02-28 03:44:51 UTC
Andrew Tyson’s Alpha Classics 2017 cd of Scriabin Sonatas Nos.3 and 10, and Ravel’s “Miroirs”. I don’t need an additional recording of any, but may want this one. Not a huge sonority, but a great colorist even with YT sound. Has a wonderful ear for detail while not losing the shape or momentum of the work . Entire cd here; listen to the Ravel and 10th Sonata first on the cd :

Or: http://tinyurl.com/y34bvw6a

His 2014 Alpha cd of the Chopin Preludes :

Or: http://tinyurl.com/yxf6wpvk

Same comments as with the other cd, but an even more strikingly individual,original voice.

Both cd’s remarkable.Apologize in advance if you feel otherwise after hearing, but don’t think you’ll waste your time hearing these 2. I may “ need” his Preludes cd. In fact, listen to the Chopin cd first before the Scriabin-Ravel cd, but DO hear both cd’s.

Annoying YT ads, but the ticket price is right ( someone has to pay ).
Bozo
2019-03-01 01:43:02 UTC
I did purchase a download of the Chopin.
Bozo
2019-09-28 13:35:37 UTC
New Alpha Classics cd released Sept.13,2019,just listening now,Scarlatti,Schubert,Mompou,Albeniz,complete here :

Bozo
2019-09-28 14:32:42 UTC
Finished listening.Once again,enthusiastic,colorful playing worth hearing.
Ricardo Jimenez
2019-09-28 16:39:33 UTC
Finished listening.Once again,enthusiastic,colorful playing worth hearing.
His CDs are on Spotify. There is another pianist Andrew Tyson on
Spotify. The latter is also a composer of cocktail style music.
Bozo
2019-09-28 21:06:43 UTC
Post by Ricardo Jimenez
His CDs are on Spotify. There is another pianist Andrew Tyson on
Spotify. The latter is also a composer of cocktail style music.
Thanks, as I am not a Spotify subscriber.

Listened just now, again, today, to the complete cd on YT . Exquisite attention to details, wonderful expressivity in addition to the other qualities mentioned earlier in this thread.I have all these works in at least duplicate ( except the Scarlatti/Tausig I think ), but may have to acquire this cd. A gentle,effective,not ponderous, not saccharine , Andante in the D.664, effervescent Scarlatti, freshly-minted Albeniz ( “Seville” ! ).Tyson, even on YT, has , to my ears, a distinctive, attractive silvery tone, wide variety of attacks, in short playing very easy for me to listen.

And,incidently, the playing and works go well with a cocktail , or two, as well , here a classic Negroni, classic Sazerac,or classic Manhattan standing up being my suggestions.