Kapell? Well?
Matthew B. Tepper
2006-01-01 01:07:26 UTC
Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were told
about more than a year ago? This should refresh memories:

http://tinyurl.com/ceh8g

Will somebody please slap Gilbert Ditherwick awake and tell him he should
either excrete, or get off the porcelain facility already.
I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. ~ FDR (attrib.)
Bob Lombard
2006-01-01 01:59:28 UTC
--
I vaguely remember, except not about the necessity for Sony-BMG's
involvement. ?

bl
Matthew B. Tepper
2006-01-01 02:15:48 UTC
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were
http://tinyurl.com/ceh8g
Will somebody please slap Gilbert Ditherwick awake and tell him he
should either excrete, or get off the porcelain facility already.
I vaguely remember, except not about the necessity for Sony-BMG's
involvement. ?
Kapell recorded for RCA, and apparently the tapes were offered to BMG.
I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. ~ FDR (attrib.)
d***@andadv.com
2006-01-01 20:38:01 UTC
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were told
about more than a year ago?
Yes I do. And I am exercising patience. Extreme patience. It's a yogic
thing. I've gotten rather good at it. Oh sure, that SOUNDS like
gnashing teeth you hear, but it's just your imagination. Really. I've
had too much practice at this to let it disturb me. (How long ago was
it that we heard about the "warehouse upon warehouse" of live & radio
performance tapes discovered in Russia, dating from Soviet Union days?)

I just keep telling myself...someday.

Probably about the same time that the entire Joyce Hatto catalog shows
up at Berkshire Record Outlet.

*sigh*

Dirk
Matthew B. Tepper
2006-01-02 00:10:28 UTC
Post by d***@andadv.com
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were
told about more than a year ago?
Yes I do. And I am exercising patience. Extreme patience. It's a yogic
thing. I've gotten rather good at it. Oh sure, that SOUNDS like gnashing
teeth you hear, but it's just your imagination. Really. I've had too much
practice at this to let it disturb me. (How long ago was it that we heard
about the "warehouse upon warehouse" of live & radio performance tapes
discovered in Russia, dating from Soviet Union days?)
Tristan Del bollixed that up quite thoroughly, for all time it seems. When
that particular treasure trove came to light, it got free publicity on NBC
that you couldn't have PAID for ... but he failed to do it right, and
utterly squandered any such advantage he might have gotten.
g***@gmail.com
2018-08-10 06:12:32 UTC
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were told
http://tinyurl.com/ceh8g
Will somebody please slap Gilbert Ditherwick awake and tell him he should
either excrete, or get off the porcelain facility already.
I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. ~ FDR (attrib.)
Upcoming radio program:

https://www.wfmt.com/programs/collectors-corner-with-henry-fogel/