WAYLTL-August,2019
2019-08-02 23:09:01 UTC
Shostakovich Viola Sonata,Op.147, Ada Meinich,Vladimir Ashkenazy,Decca ca.2015. Discussed at "Recordings of live performances of note XXIII" thread here July 31.
Todd Michel McComb
2019-08-03 03:15:02 UTC
Released today, _Flayed_ by Weasel Walter, et al.
https://weaselwalter.bandcamp.com/album/flayed
Lawrence Chalmers
2019-08-04 19:53:49 UTC
Shostakovich Viola Sonata,Op.147, Ada Meinich,Vladimir Ashkenazy,Decca ca.2015. Discussed at "Recordings of live performances of note XXIII" thread here July 31.
Complete Piano Music by Robert Helps on the Albany label. I first heard his
symphonies 1 & 2 and was intrigued. Interesting music but just doesn't really "grab me" as so much other music in this genre. In terms of American music,
I find Griffes, Kirchner, and Copland a lot more appealing.
Oscar
2019-08-05 21:32:26 UTC
Disc 4 from The Complete Recitals on Warner Classics

Schubert Recital
Christa Ludwig (Mz)
Geoffrey Parsons (pf)

Warner Classics 0190295690205 ℗ 1967, 2018 © 2018.
Recorded at Abbey Road Studio No.1, London, November 11, 1961 (2, 5, 9), November 29 & 30, 1961 (11-14), February 20, 1962 (8, 15-17), & November 8, 1965 (1, 3, 6, 7) & June 28, 1966 (4, 10).
Producer: Suvi Raj Grubb.
Balance engineer: Robert Gooch.
Originally released as EMI Columbia SAX 5272 / EMI Columbia SMC 91 646 / Seraphim S-36462.
Remastered in 24-bit/96kHz from original tapes.

Compilation producer: Rolf Gertler.
Mastering: Christophe Hénault, Studio Art & Son, Annecy.
Cover photo: Angus McBean Photograph. © Houghton Library, Harvard University.
Booklet note: George Hall © 2018 (1), interview with Frau Ludwig by Thomas Voigt © 2018 (2).
Thanks to Robert Russ (Sony Classical).
Remastered ℗ 2018, this compilation ℗ & © 2018 Parlophone Ltd, a Warner Music Group Company.

COMMENT: The original EMI Great Recordings of the Century of this material, as original presented (tracks 1-12), was one of my favorite vocal recital discs of that series, along with anything by Dame Janet Baker. The remastering here is marginally better, although I'm not sure most would notice. Simply great music-making.

-An die Musik, D.547 (Franz von Schober)
-Der Musensohn, D.764 (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
-Ganymed, D.544 (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
-Auf dem Wasser zu singen, D.774 (Friedrich Stolberg)
-Ellens Gesang III: Ave Maria, D.839 (Walter Scott, transl. Adam Storck)
-Die Forelle, D.550 (Christian Schubart)
-Gretchen am Spinnrade, D.118 (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
-Frühlingsglaube, D.686 (Ludwig Uhland)
-Der Tod und das Mädchen, D.531 (Matthias Claudius)
-Lachen und Weinen, D.777 (Friedrich Rückert)
-Litanei auf das Fest ’Aller Seelen’, D.343 (Johann-Georg Jacobi)
-Erlkönig, D.328 (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
-Nacht und Träume, D.827 (Matthäus von Collin)*
-Wiegenlied, D.498 (Anon, attrib. Matthias Claudius)*
-Im Abendrot, D.799 (Karl Lappe)*
-Die junge Nonne, D.828 (Jakob Nikolaus Craigher de Jachelutta)*
-Wandrers Nachtlied, D.768 (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)*

Tracks 13-17 previously unpublished*.
number_six
2019-08-07 01:22:45 UTC
Salzman - Nude Paper Sermon /Wiretap - Labor

Vivaldi - Chedeville - Les Saisons Amusantes -
Les Eclairs de Musique - Arts

Scelsi - Quatro pezzi per Orch, Anahit, Uaxuctum (whatever that is)
Wyttenbach - Accord
don't always grok his idiom, but liked quatro pezzi
Bozo
2019-08-21 20:23:13 UTC
Edwin Fischer and Artur Schnabel playing LvB Op.110 , Fischer " wins " the "second fugue", Schnabel the rest:

(Fischer,1938 )

(Schnabel )
number_six
2019-08-21 23:40:15 UTC
Ljubica Maric - songs of Space, Byzantine Concerto, etc
(Chandos) recorded in 60s - 70s, I had never heard of her before

you can also hear on YT

Bozo
2019-08-24 15:22:55 UTC
Albany Records “Toccata Project” cd again , joy start to finish :

https://tinyurl.com/yyxf6n5j

All here :

Sample,Emma Lou Diemer’s “ Serenade Toccata “ :

number_six
2019-08-24 19:09:55 UTC
https://tinyurl.com/yyxf6n5j
http://youtu.be/J38TLYZS3Rc
http://youtu.be/ds4fInjF-HU
Looks like fun -- I had not heard of this disk.

Reminds me of enjoying the Tango Project albums by Schimmel et al.

Just listened to Berio /Berberian - Recital for Cathy / Folk Songs(RCA)

In Black is the Color, the opening Folk Song, Berberian infuses unsurpassed longing, whereas in the closer, the Azerbaijan Love Song, Jard van Nes is supreme. Both are essential, imo.
Bozo
2019-08-25 02:17:00 UTC
Post by number_six
Looks like fun -- I had not heard of this disk.
Reminds me of enjoying the Tango Project albums by Schimmel et al.
You'll then like this great Tango Toccata :

number_six
2019-08-25 16:30:26 UTC
Post by number_six
Looks like fun -- I had not heard of this disk.
Reminds me of enjoying the Tango Project albums by Schimmel et al.
You'll then like this great Tango Toccata : http://youtu.be/3eTT7luvUjQ
Nice! A lot goes on in these 4 1/2 minutes.

Starts as a Habanera, turns into a tango. Thanks for posting this.