WAYLTL Oct 1
Add Reply
Owen Hartnett
2024-10-01 19:20:54 UTC
Spotify filled my "Discover Weekly" list with light classics, including:

https://open.spotify.com/track/7kIj08Ch91ZpXn1gU9sANa?si=07a716611d684491

It's a pleasure to hear Pavarotti again, almost having forgotten him, and
listening to this makes me realize just how good he was.

-Owen
Zionazi
2024-10-01 21:26:52 UTC
I remember jumping on the trampoline - at our home in Korea - when I was
a kid listening to con te partiro on the loop ;D
Todd M. McComb
2024-10-11 22:05:13 UTC
New Tyshawn Sorey piano trio album (Aaron Diehl, pianist), contemporary
piano jazz, not too out there... _The Susceptible Now_.

Available on streaming services (including high-def) &
https://tyshawn-sorey.bandcamp.com/album/the-susceptible-now

Starts w/ a McCoy Tyner cover.... Sorey also won the Pulitzer this
year for his classical composition _Adagio (For Wadada Leo Smith)_.
PPeso
2024-10-12 04:17:46 UTC
Girls of the Golden West by John Adams (also conducting) on Nonesuch
075597900484. This is the third (2023) iteration of the opera, much
leaner and meaner than the first (2017) version, at the price of cutting
what was probably the most successful number in 2017, the ballet scene
Lola Montez Does the Spider Dance which can be found on a recent Naxos
release conducted by the dedicatee Marin Alsop. As usual with Adams (at
least what I happened to hear) about one third of the piece is quite
intriguing and the rest is a bit, well, meh. The possible exception is
Shaker Loops in his early (pre-Nixon-in-China) minimalist days, a truly
remarkable suite.