Ebene Quartet's complete Beethoven quartets to hear free
2020-06-15 13:49:00 UTC
Free listening here for awhile, 2-3 weeks ? Have not heard any yet.

https://www.nporadio4.nl/cds/quatuor-ebene-beethoven-around-the-world
Bozo
2020-06-18 14:28:16 UTC
Have not heard any yet.
Have now heard 131,Grosse Fugue,135, and "Cavatina" final mov. only of 130.These are usually the only of the Quartets I seek out ( very infrequently ), although did also listen now to slow movs. of 127,132.Will leave to the many knowledgeable here any comments. 135 is amazing ; a few suggestions of Dvorak in last movement.
John Hood
2020-06-18 22:01:21 UTC
Have not heard any yet.
Have now heard 131,Grosse Fugue,135, and "Cavatina" final mov. only of 130.These are usually the only of the Quartets I seek out ( very infrequently ), although did also listen now to slow movs. of 127,132.Will leave to the many knowledgeable here any comments. 135 is amazing ; a few suggestions of Dvorak in last movement.
I love the fact that people appreciate music differently. I constantly
play the late quartets, and it usually doesn't matter who by, although I
didn't seem to respond to the Mosaiques' approach.

On the other hand, I find the symphonies to be too bombastic, to the
point of remastering them myself and I usually only listen to 1, 2, 3, 4
6, 7, 8. I find 5 and 9 a bit too much.

JH
Bozo
2020-06-18 23:45:21 UTC
Post by John Hood
On the other hand, I find the symphonies to be too bombastic, to the
point of remastering them myself and I usually only listen to 1, 2, 3, 4
6, 7, 8. I find 5 and 9 a bit too much.
I listen to 2,7,8,first 2 movs. of 9.

(Even though no piano parts.)
Bozo
2020-06-27 14:20:15 UTC
2 members of the Quartet discuss the recordings, getting together for the first time in 2 months to rehearse, Beethoven. 15 minutes, "Classical New York - In Conversation ", https://www.wqxr.org/#!/ ( scroll down a bit ).