Aida Price MET Farewell
Add Reply
Oliver Fischer
2019-07-24 20:14:15 UTC
I am looking for a recording of Leontyne Price’s MET farewell
performance (Aida 1985, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825597/) - CD,
DVD, whatever exists.

Does anybody hava an idea where to get it?

Best regards,
Oliver Fischer
Bozo
2019-07-24 21:38:46 UTC
Dont know what this is, but fww: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825597/?ref_=tt_ep_nx
MiNe109
2019-07-25 00:53:47 UTC
Post by Oliver Fischer
I am looking for a recording of Leontyne Price’s MET farewell
performance (Aida 1985, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825597/) - CD,
DVD, whatever exists.
Does anybody hava an idea where to get it?
I don't know where to get it, but you can see it on the met's streaming
service.

Stephen
j***@gmail.com
2019-07-25 14:48:49 UTC
It was once on Operashare. You can try there. I do not have it, b/c I do not collect videos.
Bozo
2019-07-25 23:11:22 UTC
Fortunately, I was able to hear it in real time. The reviews were she was a bit shaky in the first act, but hit her stride thereafter as evidenced in " Patria Mia " :

Sol L. Siegel
2019-08-02 00:41:57 UTC
Fortunately, I was able to hear it in real time. The reviews were she
was a bit shaky in the first act, but hit her stride thereafter as
http://youtu.be/XD3tCTA8kfo
An irony: She was 58, the same age as Marian Anderson when she made her
Met *debut*.

- Sol L. Siegel, Philadelphia, PA USA

---