Erik Satie's piano works
2017-03-09 09:11:07 UTC
Hi all,
I'd like to buy a CD of Erik Satie's more famous piano works
(Gymnopédies, Gnossiennes ...) .
What interpretation would you recommand to me ? : Aldo Ciccollini
(EMI), Anne Queffélec (Virgin), Jean-Joel Barbier (Accord) ...
Thank You .
Serge Fourcade
"The zenith of calm piano music"?:

http://www.wqxr.org/#!/story/20-great-classical-pieces-power-studying/
gggg gggg
2022-01-01 07:35:31 UTC
Hi all,
I'd like to buy a CD of Erik Satie's more famous piano works
(Gymnopédies, Gnossiennes ...) .
What interpretation would you recommand to me ? : Aldo Ciccollini
(EMI), Anne Queffélec (Virgin), Jean-Joel Barbier (Accord) ...
I find Queffelec's Satie to be the most musical I've heard ... her
Gnossiennes, in particular, are wonderful. I find Ciccollini to be dry and
dull. And Satie needs all the help he can get.
Queffelec is vastly underrated (her Scarlatti is the best around). Why?
Tom Wood
(Y. upload):

3 Classical Pieces That Are Perfect For Beginners (Piano Lesson)