Backhaus discography
Add Reply
Frank Lekens
2012-12-13 07:28:48 UTC
I'm not too acquainted with the Backhaus discography, and this new
reissue of some of his Beethoven is rather sparing with details as to
which recordings they are. But surely this must count as a new highwater
mark in cd reissues, certainly as regards the packaging.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0092TXPAC/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1355350030&sr=8-6

Eat that, you snobby original jacket box designers with you're
superficial "let's just copy what they did before so we don't have to
design anything ourselves" mentality. This is what great new album cover
art looks like in the 21st century.

(Pity it seems to be available as download only -- for the nonce?)
--
Frank Lekens

http://fmlekens.home.xs4all.nl/
frankwm
2012-12-13 12:23:55 UTC
Post by Frank Lekens
(Pity it seems to be available as download only -- for the nonce?)
Are you sure about that? as...errr..isn't a 'nonce' a child-molester....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonce_%28slang%29

Wonder what the slang for a recording-molester is???
Dufus
2012-12-13 13:03:05 UTC
WWBD ?
Gerard
2012-12-13 16:19:11 UTC
On Dec 13, 1:28 am, Frank Lekens
KYA?
phlogiston
2012-12-13 22:17:49 UTC
I think that "for the nonce" is also a Shakespearean expression meaning for a while.
George

George
g***@gmail.com
2018-12-01 04:50:41 UTC
Post by Frank Lekens
I'm not too acquainted with the Backhaus discography, and this new
reissue of some of his Beethoven is rather sparing with details as to
which recordings they are. But surely this must count as a new highwater
mark in cd reissues, certainly as regards the packaging.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0092TXPAC/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1355350030&sr=8-6
Eat that, you snobby original jacket box designers with you're
superficial "let's just copy what they did before so we don't have to
design anything ourselves" mentality. This is what great new album cover
art looks like in the 21st century.
(Pity it seems to be available as download only -- for the nonce?)
--
Frank Lekens
http://fmlekens.home.xs4all.nl/
Wilhelm Backhaus HMW Recordings 1925-1937

https://www.gramophone.co.uk/feature/the-best-new-classical-albums-december-2018
J.A.W.
That's HMV Recordings, not HMW - see the cover of the set and the review.
George P
2018-12-01 23:08:36 UTC
Post by Frank Lekens
[...]
That HMW set is superb! Finally, we get a great CD transfer of Backhaus's recording of the 24 etudes. Highly recommended!

George
Me