Re-iissues we DON'T need to see
2020-10-04 20:30:48 UTC

"One speech was issued on grammophone records. Side 8 consisted entirely of applause."
Bob Harper
2020-10-04 21:54:21 UTC
Post by number_six
"One speech was issued on grammophone records. Side 8 consisted entirely of applause."
It's a good thing it was audio only. Had it been a film, the 'Organs'
would have examined it to see who stopped applauding first and sent him
to the Lubyanka.

At one of those events, one definitely did not want to be given a backstage pass!
Frank Berger
2020-10-04 23:57:52 UTC
LOL!
Andy Evans
2020-10-05 09:46:01 UTC
I studied Russian in school for a while and at some point read transcripts of the proceedings of various conferences with speeches by the likes of Stalin. True enough, every other paragraph had "applause" after it, and sometimes "loud applause" or "prolonged applause" or " prolonged loud applause".

That's truly how it was. Maybe out of kindness they grouped all the applause together on one disc....
sci.space
2020-10-06 12:16:51 UTC
Following the topic lead, not the thread - Any of the Schulze Telemann Society recordings. Several months ago I saw one at a used record store and thought "it cannot be as bad as I remember". I bought it and was wrong; it was worse.