I ask for help in identifying a piece of classical music
Add Reply
A Claudiu
2021-01-07 16:23:59 UTC
Dear colleagues, I ask for your help to identify this piece of music. Thanks in advance!

https://voca.ro/18qawFhqvGb0

Claude
mswd...@gmail.com
2021-01-07 18:48:25 UTC
No idea, and Shazam didn't help, even though its catalog depth and accuracy has gotten pretty impressive for classical pieces in recent years.
Frank Berger
Sounds like Haydn, doesn't it?
number_six
2021-01-07 20:24:30 UTC
Post by A Claudiu
Dear colleagues, I ask for your help to identify this piece of music. Thanks in advance!
https://voca.ro/18qawFhqvGb0
Claude
What is the source of the audio clip?

Knowing that might help facilitate the search...
A Claudiu
2021-01-07 21:52:53 UTC
WDR Radio 3 introduction to a program of their own
Alan Dawes
2021-01-08 10:52:52 UTC
Post by A Claudiu
WDR Radio 3 introduction to a program of their own
You can email WDR 3 at ***@wdr.de and ask them see:
https://www1.wdr.de/radio/wdr3/kontakt/index.html

Alan
--
***@argonet.co.uk
***@riscos.org
Using an ARMX6
Russ (not Martha)
2021-01-15 19:58:00 UTC
Post by A Claudiu
Dear colleagues, I ask for your help to identify this piece of music. Thanks in advance!
https://voca.ro/18qawFhqvGb0
Claude
Please let us know if you a receive a reply from the radio station. The excerpt has turned into an earworm that's driving me nutz!
Sounds very much like a Haydn contemporary.

Russ (not Martha)
Frank Berger
Not Haydn himself?
Reinhold Gliere
2021-01-15 20:54:08 UTC
I'd say it's none other than Wolfie himself, sounds like part of a march from one the operas?
Martin Cohn
2021-01-15 22:22:30 UTC
Post by Reinhold Gliere
Post by A Claudiu
Dear colleagues, I ask for your help to identify this piece of music. Thanks in advance!
https://voca.ro/18qawFhqvGb0
Claude
I'd say it's none other than Wolfie himself, sounds like part of a march from one the operas?
It sounds very much like Mozart in his "brilliant" style. Yet my instincts tell me it's not by Mozart.

Yes, please tell us if you find out.

Martin
Reinhold Gliere
2021-01-15 23:36:34 UTC
Post by Martin Cohn
Post by Reinhold Gliere
Post by A Claudiu
Dear colleagues, I ask for your help to identify this piece of music. Thanks in advance!
https://voca.ro/18qawFhqvGb0
Claude
I'd say it's none other than Wolfie himself, sounds like part of a march from one the operas?
It sounds very much like Mozart in his "brilliant" style. Yet my instincts tell me it's not by Mozart.
Yes, please tell us if you find out.
I'd first try ruling out K. 384. To my ears something about it bears a resemblance.
Post by Martin Cohn
Martin