Du Pre Rarities?
Add Reply
LarryLap
2020-09-07 21:18:12 UTC
In rummaging through Gramophone online, I came upon an article in the issue of February, 2013 about Jacqueline Du Pre, whose playing and career affected me and my wife profoundly. The article concluded with the following notice:
"This month, Warner Classics releases ‘Jacqueline du Pré Rarities: Live Recordings 1963-1971’ (462 7787) – a three-CD set of rare radio broadcasts, to be reviewed in a future issue of Gramophone."
I cannot recall ever seeing this set issued, and there is no trace of it at either Amazon.com or Discogs. Did it ever really appear? If so, what does it contain?

Larry Lapidus
Frank Berger
2020-09-07 22:32:22 UTC
Post by LarryLap
"This month, Warner Classics releases ‘Jacqueline du Pré Rarities: Live Recordings 1963-1971’ (462 7787) – a three-CD set of rare radio broadcasts, to be reviewed in a future issue of Gramophone."
I cannot recall ever seeing this set issued, and there is no trace of it at either Amazon.com or Discogs. Did it ever really appear? If so, what does it contain?
Larry Lapidus
There is a Spanish language Gramophone from March 2015
online with an extensive article on Du Pre. At the end, out
of the blue, they state that set WAS released in February
2015. Like you, I've never seen it, nor can I find any
other reference to it. A mystery.
number_six
2020-09-08 21:23:42 UTC
Post by LarryLap
"This month, Warner Classics releases ‘Jacqueline du Pré Rarities: Live Recordings 1963-1971’ (462 7787) – a three-CD set of rare radio broadcasts, to be reviewed in a future issue of Gramophone."
I cannot recall ever seeing this set issued, and there is no trace of it at either Amazon.com or Discogs. Did it ever really appear? If so, what does it contain?
Larry Lapidus
There is a Spanish language Gramophone from March 2015
online with an extensive article on Du Pre. At the end, out
of the blue, they state that set WAS released in February
2015. Like you, I've never seen it, nor can I find any
other reference to it. A mystery.
I see there is a 17-cd Du Pre collection on Warner.

But I don't know what the Rarities set was supposed to include.
Frank Berger
2020-09-08 23:16:06 UTC
Post by number_six
Post by Frank Berger
Post by LarryLap
"This month, Warner Classics releases ‘Jacqueline du Pré Rarities: Live Recordings 1963-1971’ (462 7787) – a three-CD set of rare radio broadcasts, to be reviewed in a future issue of Gramophone."
I cannot recall ever seeing this set issued, and there is no trace of it at either Amazon.com or Discogs. Did it ever really appear? If so, what does it contain?
Larry Lapidus
There is a Spanish language Gramophone from March 2015
online with an extensive article on Du Pre. At the end, out
of the blue, they state that set WAS released in February
2015. Like you, I've never seen it, nor can I find any
other reference to it. A mystery.
I see there is a 17-cd Du Pre collection on Warner.
But I don't know what the Rarities set was supposed to include.
The 17-CD set includes 2 movements from a Bach Sonata that
was not previously on CD. Nothing else appears to be rare.