Rautavaara symphonies
2021-12-30 23:12:34 UTC
I listened to the Pommer /Segerstam set on Ondine.

At times bold, at other times atmospheric, abstract, or transcendent.

There's a lot to admire in Rautavaara's sound world!
Sol L. Siegel
2022-01-03 05:50:49 UTC
Post by number_six
I listened to the Pommer /Segerstam set on Ondine.
At times bold, at other times atmospheric, abstract, or transcendent.
There's a lot to admire in Rautavaara's sound world!
Don't miss the violin concerto. Gorgeous. Oliveira/Segerstam, also on
Ondine, will do nicely.

- Sol L. Siegel, Philadelphia, PA USA
2022-01-06 21:21:03 UTC
Post by Sol L. Siegel
Post by number_six
I listened to the Pommer /Segerstam set on Ondine.
At times bold, at other times atmospheric, abstract, or transcendent.
There's a lot to admire in Rautavaara's sound world!
Don't miss the violin concerto. Gorgeous. Oliveira/Segerstam, also on
Ondine, will do nicely.
- Sol L. Siegel, Philadelphia, PA USA
Thanks; I've sent for a copy.

I'm eyeing the choral works as well.
Sol L. Siegel
2022-01-09 04:05:57 UTC
Post by number_six
I'm eyeing the choral works as well.
Vigilia is a major work.

- Sol L. Siegel, Philadelphia, PA USA
2022-01-09 16:33:58 UTC
Post by Sol L. Siegel
Post by number_six
I'm eyeing the choral works as well.
Vigilia is a major work.
- Sol L. Siegel, Philadelphia, PA USA
I recently enjoyed the 3 hour 25 minute Playlist of selections from
Rautavaara's works on Spotify. It contains movements from the
composer's symphonies, concertos, chamber music and choral works
including 2:35 minutes of Vigilia: Vespers: Troparion. It ends with
an interview in English of Rautavaara by Vladimir Ashkenasy
gggg gggg
2022-01-10 03:44:08 UTC
https://classicalvoiceamerica.org/2019/01/20/ondine-celebrates-rautavaara-anniversary/