Trifonov - Bach: The Art of Life
2021-10-11 00:06:13 UTC
I listened to this 2 hour album and I thought it was superb. Mostly
familiar stuff but some delightful rarities like Johann Christoph
Friedrich Bach's 'Ah, vous Dirai-je Maman' variations. He also didn't
follow custom by giving us his own completion of Contrapunctus 14 of
The Art of the Fugue. Nice shadings, clarity and some surprises in
the dynamics.
piano4tay
2021-10-11 04:05:51 UTC
I listened to this 2 hour album and I thought it was superb. Mostly
familiar stuff but some delightful rarities like Johann Christoph
Friedrich Bach's 'Ah, vous Dirai-je Maman' variations. He also didn't
follow custom by giving us his own completion of Contrapunctus 14 of
The Art of the Fugue. Nice shadings, clarity and some surprises in
the dynamics.
Looking forward to hear this - but according to this review he did complete 14?...
https://interlude.hk/daniil-trifonovs-bach-the-art-of-life/

AMN
Ricardo Jimenez
2021-10-11 15:05:02 UTC
On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 21:05:51 -0700 (PDT), piano4tay
Post by piano4tay
I listened to this 2 hour album and I thought it was superb. Mostly
familiar stuff but some delightful rarities like Johann Christoph
Friedrich Bach's 'Ah, vous Dirai-je Maman' variations. He also didn't
follow custom by giving us his own completion of Contrapunctus 14 of
The Art of the Fugue. Nice shadings, clarity and some surprises in
the dynamics.
Looking forward to hear this - but according to this review he did complete 14?...
https://interlude.hk/daniil-trifonovs-bach-the-art-of-life/
AMN
What I meant was that in most performances, no matter what the
instrumentation, the performer(s) abruptly stop where Bach did.