strauss four last songs
2020-11-15 21:30:03 UTC
I have become quite obsessed with the captioned work and would like
Janowitz/von Karajan on DGG originals--includes HvK leading BPO in
Metamorphosen and Tod und Verklarung.
Jurinac/Busch on EMI--a recital disc, includes Sena singing arias from
Mozart, Smetna, Tchaikovsky.
Popp/Tilson Thomas on Sony--this also includes Gruberova and Mattila on
other Strauss songs.
Fleming/Eschenbach on RCA--includes Renee in orchestralieder, plus
Eschenbach leading HSO in Rosenkavalier suite.
Sena Jurniac and Lucia Popp are both old favorites--I have admired
their voices since the first time I heard each of them. Gundula
Janowitz is a new favorite--I recently discovered her. Have recordings
of her as Leonore (Fidelio), Countess Almaviva, and Pamina (with Popp
as Queen of the Night). I am still learning to appreciate Fleming.
Comments/further recommendations welcome--
ECW
Tonight, listen to Peter Anders:

https://www.wfmt.com/2020/11/15/the-berlin-philharmonics-furtwangler-broadcasts-1939%e2%80%901945-i/
dk
2020-11-15 21:38:39 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
[...]
Ed Waffle has not posted anything on r.m.c.r. since 2003.
He is probably dead by now -- though one hears rumors
he actually voted for Trump!