New Music Quartet Sony Complete Album Collection
drh8h
2019-03-14 12:39:08 UTC
https://tinyurl.com/yx9smblm

I never expected this. Maybe Sony is watching the group for suggestions. First Firkusny, now this. Can Szigeti be far behind? What about all those never reissued Budapest Quartet recordings or the complete Prades, Perpignan and Puerto Rico Festival recordings, even those without Casals.

DH
c***@gmail.com
2019-03-14 12:48:32 UTC
Post by drh8h
https://tinyurl.com/yx9smblm
I never expected this. Maybe Sony is watching the group for suggestions. First Firkusny, now this. Can Szigeti be far behind? What about all those never reissued Budapest Quartet recordings or the complete Prades, Perpignan and Puerto Rico Festival recordings, even those without Casals.
DH
This is indeed amazing, but let's hope that they don't repeat the botch job of the Juilliard/RCA box. Folks here, on Symphonyshare, and elsewhere have provided many fine transfers of NMQ recordings from LPs over the years. And this box presumably will not include their recordings for other labels (Bartok, e.g.).

I'm still hoping for a box of the great Columbia recordings of Ives by various artists.

AC
drh8h
2019-03-14 13:01:02 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by drh8h
https://tinyurl.com/yx9smblm
I never expected this. Maybe Sony is watching the group for suggestions. First Firkusny, now this. Can Szigeti be far behind? What about all those never reissued Budapest Quartet recordings or the complete Prades, Perpignan and Puerto Rico Festival recordings, even those without Casals.
DH
This is indeed amazing, but let's hope that they don't repeat the botch job of the Juilliard/RCA box. Folks here, on Symphonyshare, and elsewhere have provided many fine transfers of NMQ recordings from LPs over the years. And this box presumably will not include their recordings for other labels (Bartok, e.g.).
I'm still hoping for a box of the great Columbia recordings of Ives by various artists.
AC
Probably too late to do anything about the transfers: I'm assuming that part is complete. I still wonder just what is the lead time from conception to release for something like this. A year perhaps?

DH
Russ (not Martha)
2019-03-14 18:13:41 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by drh8h
https://tinyurl.com/yx9smblm
I never expected this. Maybe Sony is watching the group for suggestions. First Firkusny, now this. Can Szigeti be far behind? What about all those never reissued Budapest Quartet recordings or the complete Prades, Perpignan and Puerto Rico Festival recordings, even those without Casals.
DH
This is indeed amazing, but let's hope that they don't repeat the botch job of the Juilliard/RCA box. Folks here, on Symphonyshare, and elsewhere have provided many fine transfers of NMQ recordings from LPs over the years. And this box presumably will not include their recordings for other labels (Bartok, e.g.).
I believe the NMQ recordings for Bartók records were reissued on CD **except** for the Purcell, Gibbons, and Locke program, which I remastered myself.

The NMQ's white-hot Beethoven Quartets Op 59/3 and 14/1 were reissued on CD, but with only a single track assigned to each work, and a fair amount of background noise. I assigned separate tracks and cleaned up most of the noise on my CDR copy. You want something done right . . .

Russ (not Martha)
Bozo
2019-06-12 01:59:05 UTC
The NMQ's white-hot Beethoven Quartets Op 59/3 and 14/1 were reissued on CD.
Fww, still in business I'm told, courtesy of a poster at another group :

http://www.bartokrecords.com
drh8h
2019-06-14 12:57:58 UTC
The NMQ's white-hot Beethoven Quartets Op 59/3 and 14/1 were reissued on CD.
http://www.bartokrecords.com
There were allegedly a couple of Mozart Quartets recorded for the "Griffin" label in the early 1950s. No one I am aware of has ever seen this. Leslie Gerber told me it was never issued. In fact, I have never seen this label on any record and I have been pursuing rarities for many years.

Dennis
drh8h
2019-06-14 13:02:51 UTC
The NMQ's white-hot Beethoven Quartets Op 59/3 and 14/1 were reissued on CD.
http://www.bartokrecords.com
There were allegedly a couple of Mozart Quartets recorded for the "Griffon" label in the early 1950s. No one I am aware of has ever seen this. Leslie Gerber told me it was never issued. In fact, I have never seen this label on any record and I have been pursuing rarities for many years.

Dennis
Mandryka
2019-06-14 13:55:07 UTC
I have recordings of them playing Mozart K 155 - 158, four quartets.
Frank Berger
2019-06-14 17:03:39 UTC
Post by Mandryka
I have recordings of them playing Mozart K 155 - 158, four quartets.
ROCD?

shellackophile
2019-03-14 23:06:11 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by drh8h
https://tinyurl.com/yx9smblm
I never expected this. Maybe Sony is watching the group for suggestions. First Firkusny, now this. Can Szigeti be far behind? What about all those never reissued Budapest Quartet recordings or the complete Prades, Perpignan and Puerto Rico Festival recordings, even those without Casals.
DH
This is indeed amazing, but let's hope that they don't repeat the botch job of the Juilliard/RCA box. Folks here, on Symphonyshare, and elsewhere have provided many fine transfers of NMQ recordings from LPs over the years. And this box presumably will not include their recordings for other labels (Bartok, e.g.).
I'm still hoping for a box of the great Columbia recordings of Ives by various artists.
AC
And I'd go for a box of Copland playing/conducting his own works (Columbia and RCA).

Best wishes,
Bryan Bishop