Seed...
Add Reply
MELMOTH
2020-11-11 16:14:00 UTC

dk...You should profit !...But I guess Mr. Dalberto does NOT know how
to play the piano....

NB : he recorded the complete pîano music of Schubert, that "idiot",
for Denon...And I like it, poor idiot that I am...
dk
2020-11-11 18:30:18 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
http://youtu.be/GbmiA5AH-k4
dk...You should profit !...But I guess Mr. Dalberto does
NOT know how to play the piano....
NB : he recorded the complete pîano music of Schubert,
that "idiot", for Denon...And I like it, poor idiot that I am...
I heard Dalberto's Schubert set when it was first released.
Nothing to write home about. It is still sitting somewhere
in some storage box in my garage.

You really do not understand who I am and what are my
standards for piano playing. Dalberto is a competent
pianist, but he is no Richter.

I also never called Schubert an idiot.

dk
MELMOTH
2020-11-11 19:24:51 UTC
You really do not understand who I am and what are my
standards for piano playing. Dalberto is a competent
pianist, but he is no Richter.
But precisely!...I believe that we would be very numerous on this forum
to know WHO you are and WHAT your conceptions of the piano are !...
And comparing Dalberto with Richter has absolutely NO MEANING....
dk
2020-11-11 20:45:31 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
You really do not understand who I am and what are my
standards for piano playing. Dalberto is a competent
pianist, but he is no Richter.
But precisely!...I believe that we would be very numerous on this forum
to know WHO you are and WHAT your conceptions of the piano are !...
And comparing Dalberto with Richter has absolutely NO MEANING....
It has to my ears. I always compare all the interpretations I
heard of the works I hear. When pianist X impresses me
less than pianist Y there is no reason for me be to believe
pianist X is worth hearing again.

WRT Schubert, there was an extended period of time when I
would automatically buy every single LP or CD of Schubert's
piano works that appeared on the market. I spent long hours
listening to them.

As to who I am and what are my conceptions of the piano,
you can read my posts on r.m.c.r. going all the way back to
1990.

Take care, (and some absinthe too!)

dk
MELMOTH
2020-11-11 23:16:41 UTC
Take care, (and some *absinthe* too!)
Are you by any chance a repressed alcoholic ?...Which would explain a
lot about your taste in Music...
dk
2020-11-12 00:12:37 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Take care, (and some *absinthe* too!)
Are you by any chance a repressed alcoholic ?...
Which would explain a lot about your taste in Music...
Nope. I leave alcoholic pleasures to the French! ;-)

dk
Ed Presson
2020-11-11 20:56:09 UTC
I always compare all the interpretations I
heard of the works I hear. When pianist X impresses me
less than pianist Y there is no reason for me be to believe
pianist X is worth hearing again.
I am out of my league here, but is it not possible that pianist X might
excel in some
other corner of the piano repertoire?

Ed Presson
dk
2020-11-12 23:28:05 UTC
Post by Ed Presson
Post by dk
I always compare all the interpretations I
heard of the works I hear. When pianist X impresses me
less than pianist Y there is no reason for me be to believe
pianist X is worth hearing again.
I am out of my league here, but is it not possible that pianist X might
excel in some
other corner of the piano repertoire?
I compare interpretations of individual works, not
entire repertoires wholesale. Obviously, pianist X
can impress me most in work A, while pianist Y
impresses me most in work B. I always try to
make this as clear as possible.

dk
John Hood
2020-11-13 00:34:24 UTC
Post by Ed Presson
Post by dk
I always compare all the interpretations I
heard of the works I hear. When pianist X impresses me
less than pianist Y there is no reason for me be to believe
pianist X is worth hearing again.
I am out of my league here, but is it not possible that pianist X might
excel in some
other corner of the piano repertoire?
I compare interpretations of individual works, not
entire repertoires wholesale. Obviously, pianist X
can impress me most in work A, while pianist Y
impresses me most in work B. I always try to
make this as clear as possible.
dk
I don't tend to compare versions, I just enjoy the differences. However,
with pieces, I don't always enjoy particular works so I just ignore them.

JH
MELMOTH
2020-11-13 01:02:17 UTC
You should listen to his last recording dedicated to Cesar Franck...
dk
2020-11-13 04:50:09 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
I heard Dalberto's Schubert set when it was first released.
Nothing to write home about. It is still sitting somewhere
in some storage box in my garage.
You should listen to his last recording dedicated to Cesar Franck...
Of course I have! Of course I have ALL his recordings!

dk
MELMOTH
2020-11-13 06:30:53 UTC
Of course I have! Of course I have ALL his recordings!
You know what ?...I love you...
dk
2020-11-13 08:41:56 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
Of course I have! Of course I have ALL his recordings!
You know what ?...I love you...
That doesn't mean I like them....

dk
MELMOTH
2020-11-13 09:27:36 UTC
That doesn't mean I like them....
You know what ?...Fuck you...
dk
2020-11-13 09:31:03 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
That doesn't mean I like them....
You know what ?...Fuck you...

dk
2020-11-13 08:47:09 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
Of course I have! Of course I have ALL his recordings!
You know what ?...I love you...
Since you love me so much, would you please be so
kind as to share your impressions and recollections
of Monique de la Bruchollerie and Fabienne Jacquinot?

TIA

dk
MELMOTH
2020-11-13 10:40:29 UTC
Since you love me so much, would you please be so
kind as to share your impressions and recollections
of Monique de la Bruchollerie and Fabienne Jacquinot?
Bruchollerie...A very great Lady of the Piano, completely forgotten
today...
I still have a few vinyls (Schubert, Mozart, Beethoven) and a bunch of
cassettes...Which, like you, are in my cellar...
Idem for Tyssen-Valentin or Jeanne-Marie Darré...

I confess I don't know Jacquinot...
I am ashamed...
dk
2020-11-13 17:39:50 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
Since you love me so much, would you please be so
kind as to share your impressions and recollections
of Monique de la Bruchollerie and Fabienne Jacquinot?
Bruchollerie...A very great Lady of the Piano, completely forgotten
today...
She is one of my favorites. Heard her quite a bit during the
1960s. I was at her last concert on December 18, 1966,
the night before the tragic car accident that ended her
career.
Post by MELMOTH
I still have a few vinyls (Schubert, Mozart, Beethoven) and a bunch of
cassettes...Which, like you, are in my cellar...
Idem for Tyssen-Valentin or Jeanne-Marie Darré...
I confess I don't know Jacquinot...
I am ashamed...
No need to be "ashamed":
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fabienne+jacquinot

What are your thoughts about Monique Haas?

2020-11-13 17:46:37 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
I still have a few vinyls (Schubert, Mozart, Beethoven) and a bunch of
cassettes...Which, like you, are in my cellar...
Idem for Tyssen-Valentin or Jeanne-Marie Darré...
I confess I don't know Jacquinot...
I am ashamed...
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fabienne+jacquinot
What are your thoughts about Monique Haas?
How about Magda Tagliaferro?

2020-11-13 17:52:46 UTC

MELMOTH
2020-11-14 10:40:13 UTC
What are your thoughts about Monique Haas?
Yes !...Haas...Magliafero...Y.Lefebure...
dk
2020-11-14 15:15:18 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
What are your thoughts about Monique Haas?
Yes !...Haas...Magliafero...Y.Lefebure...
Thanks!

And what are your thoughts about YES?

dk
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
2020-11-14 21:42:53 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
Of course I have! Of course I have ALL his recordings!
You know what ?...I love you...
Did you drink absinthe?

YM
dk
2020-11-14 22:48:03 UTC
Post by John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
Of course I have! Of course I have ALL his recordings!
You know what ?...I love you...
Did you drink absinthe?
Apparently he does not drink it -- he makes it! ;-)

dk
Owen
2020-11-16 01:25:28 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
Of course I have! Of course I have ALL his recordings!
You know what ?...I love you...
Did you drink absinthe?
Apparently he does not drink it -- he makes it! ;-)
dk
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.