My new web site that might be of interest - classicalmusicreferences.com
2017-07-29 06:59:23 UTC
This web site has detailed information about "The Standard Treasury of the World's Great Music", and the "Basic Library of the World's Greatest Music", which were sold one record per week at grocery stores in the USA during the years 1958 to 1962. I have detailed information on the history of these records sets, with lots of photos and newspaper ads for the sets, as well as lists of the artists and orchestras, and photos of the conductors and soloists.
If you are a baby boomer who had one of these sets, you can spend hours on this site. Feedback appreciated. - Gary L. Sanders
g***@gmail.com
2017-07-29 09:40:34 UTC
This web site has detailed information about "The Standard Treasury of the World's Great Music", and the "Basic Library of the World's Greatest Music", which were sold one record per week at grocery stores in the USA during the years 1958 to 1962. I have detailed information on the history of these records sets, with lots of photos and newspaper ads for the sets, as well as lists of the artists and orchestras, and photos of the conductors and soloists.
If you are a baby boomer who had one of these sets, you can spend hours on this site. Feedback appreciated. - Gary L. Sanders
Concerning MMS, the following may also be of interest:

http://www.soundfountain.com/concert-hall/concerthall.html
h***@gmail.com
2017-07-30 07:28:49 UTC
I have just added pages for 3 of 4 RCA Record processes that confuse people, 1) Gruve Gard, anti-scratch, 2) Miracle Surface, anti-static, 3) Dynaflex, anti-warp, pop, and tick - which it generally failed at all 3!
I will be adding pro & con details on Dynagroove.
Mike
2017-07-30 07:51:15 UTC
I hadn't realized until I scanned the in-progress website that I had never owned or even considered buying a single LP from any of those sets. The closest I came was the terrific Reader's Digest Festival of Light Classical Music.
g***@gmail.com
2017-07-31 05:44:00 UTC
Depends upon how old you are, these sets sold very well beginning in 1958. By the late 60's, Time-Life, Reader's Digest, and Longines Symphonette were doing a lot of mail order. There are a lot of the grocery store sets on eBay and thrift stores. Reader's Digest never offered a lot of background information on the composers and works, usually one booklet that was more of an index.
Mr. Mike
2017-08-01 03:24:38 UTC
This web site has detailed information about "The Standard Treasury of the World's Great Music", and the "Basic Library of the World's Greatest Music", which were sold one record per week at grocery stores in the USA during the years 1958 to 1962. I have detailed information on the history of these records sets, with lots of photos and newspaper ads for the sets, as well as lists of the artists and orchestras, and photos of the conductors and soloists.
If you are a baby boomer who had one of these sets, you can spend hours on this site. Feedback appreciated. - Gary L. Sanders
It is a lot easier to get to this WWW site if you tell us what the URL
is.
operafan
2017-08-02 02:09:26 UTC
Post by Mr. Mike
It is a lot easier to get to this WWW site if you tell us what the URL
is.
It's in the title to this thread!
classicalmusicreferences.com
Raymond Hall
2017-08-02 18:14:53 UTC
How do you fix dog ears on books?

Ray Hall, Taree
John Hood
2017-08-02 21:45:50 UTC
Post by Raymond Hall
How do you fix dog ears on books?
Ray Hall, Taree
Walk them around the block.

JH

---
2017-08-04 21:31:12 UTC
Post by Raymond Hall
How do you fix dog ears on books?
Ray Hall, Taree
Not sure, but it must be easy compared to getting them off the dog.
Mr. Mike