Mahler 5 / David Briggs / Organ of Gloucester Cathedral
Add Reply
Roland van Gaalen
2015-12-30 18:39:53 UTC

Roland van Gaalen
Amsterdam
Arno Schuh
2015-12-30 22:32:26 UTC
Post by Roland van Gaalen
http://youtu.be/cCKcVKQ7zPc
And he is working at the transcription of Mahler's 8th.
Roland van Gaalen
2015-12-31 01:01:07 UTC
Post by Arno Schuh
Post by Roland van Gaalen
http://youtu.be/cCKcVKQ7zPc
And he is working at the transcription of Mahler's 8th.
Thank you for the information!

Briggs is a fine organist, isn't he?
--
Roland van Gaalen
Amsterdam
pgaron
2016-01-06 03:41:27 UTC
Post by Arno Schuh
Post by Roland van Gaalen
http://youtu.be/cCKcVKQ7zPc
And he is working at the transcription of Mahler's 8th.
Now that's one I'd like to hear performed on the organ.

pgaron
Arno Schuh
2016-01-06 12:41:52 UTC
Post by pgaron
Post by Arno Schuh
Post by Roland van Gaalen
http://youtu.be/cCKcVKQ7zPc
And he is working at the transcription of Mahler's 8th.
Now that's one I'd like to hear performed on the organ.
pgaron
Seems it isn't a complete transcription for organ solo - however:
https://www.stjohndivine.org/visit/calendar/events/music/12966/great-organ-gustav-mahlers-symphony-no-8

Arno
Bozo
2017-07-09 12:46:05 UTC
Post by Roland van Gaalen
http://youtu.be/cCKcVKQ7zPc
Thanks, just heard an excerpt from the last mov. the Mahler 2nd on radio this am.

The Mahler 5th cd of Briggs :

http://tinyurl.com/ycx9l7ew

I find no other Mahler cd of Briggs currently at Amazon -US , although the radio broadcast and this YT of the last 8 minutes of the 2nd Symphony suggest a cd of the 2nd is out or coming (?):

Cameron Carpenter’s transcription of the Finale of Mahler’s 5th, quite controversial judging from the YT comments , live :

d***@hotmail.com
2017-07-09 19:20:05 UTC
CDs of Briggs playing his transcriptions of Mahler 2, 3, 5, 6, and 8 can be ordered at david-briggs.org.