Unpublished Kathleen Ferrier disc?
a***@protonmail.com
2018-06-29 10:10:17 UTC
I do not usually post here and until today I was not a member, but I follow the threads as a fellow recording connoisseur. However I thought this special enough to be worth posting. Every day I look through Ebay for rarities and a couple of days ago I came across an unpublished Kathleen Ferrier recording currently being offered:

https://www.ebay.ch/itm/BACH-MAGNIFICAT-SEEFRIED-FERRIER-VIENNA-UNPUBLISHED-TRANSCRIPTION-DISC-WIEN-1950/142845403626?hash=item21423fe1ea:g:tqAAAOSwlglbMiGQ

Does any member here know whether it is truly unpublished? I believe so, but I am not as expert in lyric recordings as some members here.

Noël Klauser, fellow record collector and historian
Kerrison
2018-06-29 20:11:38 UTC
This reminds me of another Kathleen Ferrier recording that as far as I know hasn't yet been published. It's from the BBC broadcast of 7 November 1945 and is in the British Library's National Sound Archive. The work is Yuri Shaporin's massive Soviet Cantata "On the Field of Kulikovo." Ferrier was one of the four soloists, singing in an English translation, with Albert Coates conducting the BBC Choral Society and BBC Symphony Orchestra. It runs to about 65 minutes, so its issue on CD is long overdue!
p***@gmail.com
2018-08-07 11:21:41 UTC
I am happy to say that the Bach Magnificat with Kathleen Ferrier, Irmgard Seefried, Friedl Riegler, Hugo Meyer-Wilfing and Otto Edelmann is indeed unpublished.

We shall have to see what the future may bring....
s***@gmail.com
2018-08-11 09:36:08 UTC
It’s a Gerontius Angel I am always waiting for.....