AMADEUS QUARTET COMPLETE RECORDINGS ON DEUTSCHE GRAMMOPHON ?
2016-10-19 07:14:45 UTC
Hi to anyone taking the time to read this.
Given that next year it is 30 years since the superb Amadeus Quartet disbanded does anyone know if Deutsche Grammophon have any plans to release a Complete recordings box set, hopefully including the small amount of Decca recordings they made.
Any information would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Herman
2016-10-19 07:57:45 UTC
I'm guessing you already have most if not all of their recordings, so what difference would it make?
m***@gmail.com
2016-10-19 08:03:10 UTC
I'm guessing you already have most if not all of their recordings, so what difference would it make?
Hi
No actually I don't have any of their DG or Decca recordings at all but I have been given the 4 Volumes of their recordings on the Audite label as a present.
After listening to their playing I am very taken with their style of playing & having seen the Emerson Quartet Complete set I'm very surprised that DG haven't released a Complete set.
Still one can hope for next year...
Herman
Well, if you have those Mozart, Beethoven and Schubert recordings from the RIAS archives you're pretty much set. Try to find their Britten disc and the DG Brahms recordings and I don't think a DG Complete would do a lot for you.
graham
2016-10-19 13:47:47 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Herman
I'm guessing you already have most if not all of their recordings, so what difference would it make?
Hi
No actually I don't have any of their DG or Decca recordings at all but I have been given the 4 Volumes of their recordings on the Audite label as a present.
After listening to their playing I am very taken with their style of playing & having seen the Emerson Quartet Complete set I'm very surprised that DG haven't released a Complete set.
Still one can hope for next year...
Well, if you have those Mozart, Beethoven and Schubert recordings from the RIAS archives you're pretty much set. Try to find their Britten disc and the DG Brahms recordings and I don't think a DG Complete would do a lot for you.
Their Britten recordings would have been on Decca as Britten had an
exclusive agreement with the company.
Graham
Herman
2016-10-19 14:09:50 UTC
Post by graham
Post by Herman
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Herman
[...]
that is correct; the 2nd quartet and the 3d Britten Quartet were recorded for Decca.

Britten's 2nd quartet is also in the 'Mordernism' RIAS 2CD.
m***@gmail.com
2016-10-19 08:06:31 UTC
I'm guessing you already have most if not all of their recordings, so what difference would it make?
Also the price that some sellers are asking for the deleted DG Original Masters CD sets containing their 1950's recordings is ridiculous.
n***@gmail.com
2017-08-07 10:44:38 UTC
Yes, here it is & one or two not released on CD recordings too!
I have most of it before, but I may be tempted for completeness...& it'll force me to listen again to this wonderful music played by supreme artistes! Look around you may find it cheaper too...& one or two people my be ditching some of their older sets once they have this too so 2nd hand market may be worth looking at?

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/DG/4797589
RiRiIII
2017-10-14 06:13:29 UTC
I just received it. What a box! How lucky we are. I am playing the Mozart Piano Quartets with Klien. Divine.
Randy Lane
2017-10-14 14:54:55 UTC
Does any of yhe documentation indicate the contents have been freshly remastered?
RiRiIII
2017-10-14 18:13:51 UTC
Only the ones not previously released on cd.