The Classic André Previn - Columbia and RCA recordings
2018-08-14 01:23:16 UTC
Due November 2018

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07D51864Y/
Paul
2018-08-14 02:05:44 UTC

As long as it does not include his Columbia pseudo-Jazz records, this should be a highly collectible box.
drh8h
2018-08-14 13:14:06 UTC
On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 10:05:47 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:
> On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 6:23:20 PM UTC-7, Randy Lane wrote:
> > Due November 2018
> >
> > https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07D51864Y/
>
> As long as it does not include his Columbia pseudo-Jazz records, this should be a highly collectible box.

It does say "Classic." I would have put off some purchases, like the RVW symphonies, if I had known this was coming.

DH
j***@yahoo.com
2018-08-14 12:19:35 UTC
Excellent. Been waiting for this one.
Mike
2018-08-14 14:30:00 UTC
This appeared a couple of weeks ago: https://www.importcds.com/goog/190758316727?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIue3Nw9vW3AIVizRpCh3ZVgzBEAQYASABEgJ-OPD_BwE
JohnA
2018-08-14 14:36:14 UTC
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 9:30:03 AM UTC-5, Mike wrote:
> This appeared a couple of weeks ago: https://www.importcds.com/goog/190758316727?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIue3Nw9vW3AIVizRpCh3ZVgzBEAQYASABEgJ-OPD_BwE

54 CDs, according to
https://www.deepdiscount.com/classic-andre-previn/190758316727
m***@icloud.com
2018-08-14 20:20:33 UTC
On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 02:23:20 UTC+1, Randy Lane wrote:
> Due November 2018
>
> https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07D51864Y/

Paul's fears may be justified. If Leontyne Price features as listed, then at least the show tunes album, 'Right as the rain" is one of the discs. Not exactly jazz, but........

FWIW, I quite like that album despite myself. Regards
m***@icloud.com
2018-08-14 20:24:49 UTC

Paul's fears may be justified. AFAIK, the only album uniting Previn with Leontyne Price with AP was the show tunes one, "Right as the rain" - far, far better than many crossovers since (so not really jazz, admittedl) and issued on RCA rather than Columbia) but possibly a hint at the selection....... Regards.
Paul
2018-08-15 00:31:32 UTC
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 1:24:52 PM UTC-7, ***@icloud.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 02:23:20 UTC+1, Randy Lane wrote:
> > Due November 2018
> >
> > https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07D51864Y/
>
> Paul's fears may be justified. AFAIK, the only album uniting Previn with Leontyne Price with AP was the show tunes one, "Right as the rain" - far, far better than many crossovers since (so not really jazz, admittedl) and issued on RCA rather than Columbia) but possibly a hint at the selection....... Regards.

I was being snarky. I didn't think the box would include Previn's loungey-jazzy LPs, which really are bad IMO even in their own genre. I could do without classical crossover too, but that kind of thing at least arguably belongs in a box like this.

Paul Goldstein
w***@hotmail.com
2018-08-16 18:59:10 UTC
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 1:24:52 PM UTC-7, ***@icloud.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 02:23:20 UTC+1, Randy Lane wrote:
> > Due November 2018
> >
> > https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07D51864Y/
>
> Paul's fears may be justified. AFAIK, the only album uniting Previn with Leontyne Price with AP was the show tunes one, "Right as the rain" - far, far better than many crossovers since (so not really jazz, admittedl) and issued on RCA rather than Columbia) but possibly a hint at the selection....... Regards.

The Previn-Price Right as the Rain is a great party album.