Cziffra...Totentanz
2017-11-14 03:48:59 UTC
My son recommended this one to me:

Playing is somewhat brittle sounding, but not in a bad way. While this
is mostly a piece about virtuosity, one isn't constantly reminded of it
in this recording. Nice sound and a very complementary orchestra.

-Owen
HT
2017-11-14 10:38:12 UTC
Post by O
http://youtu.be/J1OFxSUCV7A
Playing is somewhat brittle sounding, but not in a bad way. While this
is mostly a piece about virtuosity, one isn't constantly reminded of it
in this recording. Nice sound and a very complementary orchestra.
-Owen
Great performance! In particular the slow movements sounded far more interesting than anything than I expected them to be.

Thanks,
Henk
AB
2017-11-14 16:46:17 UTC
Post by HT
Post by O
http://youtu.be/J1OFxSUCV7A
Playing is somewhat brittle sounding, but not in a bad way. While this
is mostly a piece about virtuosity, one isn't constantly reminded of it
in this recording. Nice sound and a very complementary orchestra.
-Owen
Great performance! In particular the slow movements sounded far more interesting than anything than I expected them to be.
Thanks,
Henk
many years ago I received a trove of Cziffra CDs, most of which I did not like. This recording is by far the best of the lot, tremendous playing.

AB
gggg gggg
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.music.classical/c/ZRG4OeEjtY4
gggg gggg
2021-11-24 10:07:53 UTC
Post by O
http://youtu.be/J1OFxSUCV7A
Playing is somewhat brittle sounding, but not in a bad way. While this
is mostly a piece about virtuosity, one isn't constantly reminded of it
in this recording. Nice sound and a very complementary orchestra.
-Owen
(Youtube upload):

Cziffra in rehearsal: Liszt's S.126 Totentanz