New UMG BluRay combos
2018-05-11 13:35:38 UTC
Mozart Sym. with Bohm/BPO 10CDs and 1 BRD

https://www.amazon.it/Mozart-Berliner-Philharmoniker-Karl-Böhm/dp/B07C5K7RBN/

Karl Richter 75 Bach Cantatas (BRD only)

https://www.amazon.it/J-S-Münchener-Bach-Chor-Bach-Orchester-Richter/dp/B07BF25T1F/
Mike
2018-05-11 14:01:04 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
Mozart Sym. with Bohm/BPO 10CDs and 1 BRD
https://www.amazon.it/Mozart-Berliner-Philharmoniker-Karl-Böhm/dp/B07C5K7RBN/
Karl Richter 75 Bach Cantatas (BRD only)
https://www.amazon.it/J-S-Münchener-Bach-Chor-Bach-Orchester-Richter/dp/B07BF25T1F/
The Amazon/US product description is amusing in at least two respects:
Product details

DVD Audio (July 20, 2018)
Please Note: This is a DVD-Audio disc which is playable on most DVD players as well as all DVD-Audio players. Click here for additional information regarding compatibility.
Original Release Date: January 1, 1918
Mike
2018-05-11 14:02:25 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
Mozart Sym. with Bohm/BPO 10CDs and 1 BRD
https://www.amazon.it/Mozart-Berliner-Philharmoniker-Karl-Böhm/dp/B07C5K7RBN/
Karl Richter 75 Bach Cantatas (BRD only)
https://www.amazon.it/J-S-Münchener-Bach-Chor-Bach-Orchester-Richter/dp/B07BF25T1F/
The Amazon/US product description for the Bach set is amusing in at least two respects:

Randy Lane
2018-05-11 16:48:37 UTC
Sure you'relooking at the right product?

https://www.amazon.com/J-S-Bach-Cantatas-Blu-ray-Audio/dp/B07BF25T1F/

I think you were looking at this one

https://www.amazon.com/Bach-Sacred-Works-Blu-Ray-Deluxe/dp/B0748782HS/
Randy Lane
2018-05-12 15:19:51 UTC
I see the DVD audio snippet now.
Wierd
RiRiIII
Nice, thanks!
Invocation
I like the idea to issue the 26 CD Richter Bach into two BRDs, plus you get them in 24-196 original mastertape format. I wish Universal, Warner and Sony would consider reissue their numerous big boxsets in such way, which would save me a lot of space of storage.
Randy Lane
2018-05-18 14:26:03 UTC
The Bohm Mozart release is very attractively prised at Amazon.com right now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C5K7RBN/
Randy Lane
2018-07-24 22:58:44 UTC
Richter Bach Cantatas arrived today, phenomenal in all respects.
As expected the sound of the Blu Ray is spectacular. Relishing DFDs first Aria in BWV 030 as I write.
The book with multi language translations is of fine print and binding quality. It is well indexed too.

A big improvement over other UMG Blu Ray audio discs is the on screen selection by title. Other titles have required you know track number and navigate through a grid to the number. Not required here.

Highly recommended on counts.
markhax
2018-07-25 03:54:30 UTC
Someone had a different experience. Trust it's a fluke? https://www.amazon.com/J-S-Bach-Cantatas-Blu-ray-Audio/dp/B07BF25T1F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1532490748&sr=8-1&keywords=richter+bach+cantatas