Charles Münch: The Complete Warner Recordings (13 CD Box)
2018-07-23 03:10:12 UTC
Found on Amazon.fr today

Release Date 09/28/2018

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07FDQJ5QZ/
John Fowler
2018-07-24 01:01:16 UTC
To be released in September.
Apparently it includes Munch's pre-Boston mono recordings with the Paris Conservatoire + the stereo Erato recordings with the French Natl Radio Orchestra + the post-Boston stereo recordings with Orchestre de Paris.
Jerry
2018-07-24 14:14:45 UTC
Post by John Fowler
To be released in September.
Apparently it includes Munch's pre-Boston mono recordings with the Paris Conservatoire + the stereo Erato recordings with the French Natl Radio Orchestra + the post-Boston stereo recordings with Orchestre de Paris.
Oh, the stupidity of Amazon's track listings. No apparent need to
acknowledge composers.

As far as I can tell:

CDs 1 - 3 (Stereo from EMI, OdP)

CD1: Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique & Ravel Daphnis Suite 2
CD2: Ravel Pavane, Rap. Esp., Piano Concerto in G, Bolero
CD3: Brahms Symph. No. 1 and Honegger: Symph. No. 2

CDs 4 - 6 (Stereo from Erato)

CD4: Lalo & Saint-Saens Cello Concerti
CD5: Roussel Symphs. 3 & 4 and Suite in F
CD6: Honegger Symph. No. 4 & Duttileux Metaboles and Symph. No. 2

CDs 7 - 13 (All 78s from HMV/VsM, Columbia, Pathe)

CD7: Saint-Saens 4th PC (Cortot) a Vivaldi V.C. and "Mozart" V.C. No. 7
(Soriano) and a "Berceuse" (haven't yet nailed down this one).

CD8: Bloch V.C. (Szigeti); one of the two Ravel Left Hand Concerti
Munch left on 78s, and Mozart V.C. No. 5 (Thibaud)

CD9: Honegger Danse des Morts and Symphony No. 2 and Tchaikovsky
P.C. No. 1 (Konstantinoff)

CD10: Hoffmann (attrib. Bach) Cantata 189; Halffter Rap. Portugesa (Long);
Works by Delannoy; Liszt 1st P.C. (Benvenuti (?) from Pathe, 1941)

CD11: The other 78rpm Ravel Left Hand Concerto (Cortot?): La Mer; and
Mozart P.C. No. 20 (Doyen?)

CD12: LvB Emperor Concerto (Long) and works by Jolivet, Samezeuih, Aubert; etc.

CD13: Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique (c. 1945) and Chopin/Aubert: Nuit

So, possibly an attractive proposition for Munch completists with
over half from 78rpm discs. Many of these had appeared on
privately issued CDs "A Classical Record" ACR 40/41 (Munch Vol. 1)
and ACR 43/44 (Munch Vol. 2). Were there others?

I gratefully acknowledge the discography posted at

http://b.duhoux.free.fr/munch.html

an invaluable guide.

Jerry
Kerrison
2018-07-25 06:57:39 UTC
Post by Jerry
I gratefully acknowledge the discography posted at
http://b.duhoux.free.fr/munch.html
an invaluable guide.
Jerry
Thanks for the link to that discography. I'm glad they listed the 'live' BSO Vaughan Williams's 8th Symphony on 'Pristine' as there is no finer performance of it on disc. In fact, it puts all the others in the shade: check out the 'comments' under this upload. Incidentally, was this the only RVW symphony Munch performed, does anyone know? ...

MarkM
2018-07-25 11:34:11 UTC
Symphony #8 was the only one he conducted, at least with the BSO, and all performances occurred during the 1957/1958 season (according to the BSO's performance database)
Matthew Silverstein
2018-07-26 14:40:03 UTC
Post by Jerry
CDs 1 - 3 (Stereo from EMI, OdP)
CD1: Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique & Ravel Daphnis Suite 2
CD2: Ravel Pavane, Rap. Esp., Piano Concerto in G, Bolero
CD3: Brahms Symph. No. 1 and Honegger: Symph. No. 2
How is this Brahms 1? I don't think I've ever heard Munch in this symphony. (I quite like his Brahms 2 and 4 on RCA.)

Matty
s***@gmail.com
2018-07-26 18:07:35 UTC
Munch did a Brahms 1st w Boston. Nicely done, but I would rate others higher.

Stan Punzel
Invocation

Jerry
Invocation
2018-07-27 18:01:49 UTC
Post by Jerry
Post by John Fowler
[...]
Details have been released:
http://tower.jp/article/feature_item/2018/07/27/1104
Haydn House CD
2018-08-05 12:38:08 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
Found on Amazon.fr today
Release Date 09/28/2018
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07FDQJ5QZ/
Just imagine a complete box of ALL Munch/BSO concert broadcast recordings? That would be the ultimate release!
Haydn House CD
www.HaydnHouse.com
drh8h
2018-08-05 12:52:37 UTC
Post by Haydn House CD
Post by Randy Lane
Found on Amazon.fr today
Release Date 09/28/2018
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07FDQJ5QZ/
Just imagine a complete box of ALL Munch/BSO concert broadcast recordings? That would be the ultimate release!
Haydn House CD
www.HaydnHouse.com
With U.S. copyright laws and the unions, we should be glad for the few available on the BSO site and not expect much more. Have to be content with dribbles from foreign sources. West Hill did a good job in some of their volumes, but I think that label left us.

DH