Schumann DBT quiz
dk
2016-10-21 00:07:50 UTC

h***@btinternet.com
2016-10-21 16:44:20 UTC
Post by dk
http://youtu.be/UYw8BMEQBJ4
Does this pianist come from a family of five children?
Gerard
2016-10-21 17:55:08 UTC

==========================

Did he have red hair?
dk
2016-10-21 18:49:48 UTC
Post by h***@btinternet.com
Post by dk
http://youtu.be/UYw8BMEQBJ4
Does this pianist come from a family of five children?
==========================
Did he have red hair?
I regret to say I have not seen color photos.

dk
dk
2016-10-21 18:49:12 UTC
Post by h***@btinternet.com
Post by dk
http://youtu.be/UYw8BMEQBJ4
Does this pianist come from a family of five children?
I regret to say I do not know.

dk
AB
2016-10-21 17:59:08 UTC
Post by dk
http://youtu.be/UYw8BMEQBJ4
I could figure out violinists but how can one figure out the pianist unless he knows the recording? If you gave us 4 or 5 choices we might determine it by a process of elimination....

anyway..... very high class, competent playing just short of being great. Live?
piano sound seems to deteriorate as time goes on....

AB
dk
2016-10-21 18:53:38 UTC
Post by AB
Post by dk
http://youtu.be/UYw8BMEQBJ4
I could figure out violinists but how can one
figure out the pianist unless he knows the
recording? If you gave us 4 or 5 choices we
might determine it by a process of elimination....
The MP has unique and easily recognizable sound
and interpretation style. Also note that at 40
minutes this is one of the slower DBT on record.
Even Arrau somehow manages to dispatch DBT in
only 37 minutes.

dk
dk
2016-10-21 19:28:07 UTC
Post by dk
Post by AB
Post by dk
http://youtu.be/UYw8BMEQBJ4
I could figure out violinists but how can one
figure out the pianist unless he knows the
recording? If you gave us 4 or 5 choices we
might determine it by a process of elimination....
The MP has unique and easily recognizable sound
and interpretation style. Also note that at 40
minutes this is one of the slower DBT on record.
Even Arrau somehow manages to dispatch DBT in
only 37 minutes.
Also FWIW the MP was born before the end of WWII.

dk
h***@btinternet.com
2016-10-21 20:16:14 UTC
Ugorski
dk
2016-10-21 20:49:08 UTC
Post by h***@btinternet.com
Ugorski
Well done.

dk
h***@btinternet.com
2016-10-21 20:49:50 UTC
He was the fourth of five children.
dk
2016-10-21 20:56:54 UTC
Post by h***@btinternet.com
He was the fourth of five children.
How does one find out such details?
Your relatives in the KGB ?!? ;-)

dk
c***@gmail.com
2016-10-21 21:07:23 UTC
dk - is this solved? It was Ugorski? (haven't listened)
dk
Yes
AB
2016-10-21 23:06:05 UTC
Post by dk
Post by h***@btinternet.com
He was the fourth of five children.
How does one find out such details?
Your relatives in the KGB ?!? ;-)
dk
no, he asked Trump to ask Putin....

AB

Frank Berger
2016-10-21 21:16:09 UTC
Post by dk
Post by h***@btinternet.com
Ugorski
Well done.
dk
I was listening to Annerose Schmidt.

---
dk
2016-10-21 21:41:34 UTC
Post by Frank Berger
Post by dk
Post by h***@btinternet.com
Ugorski
Well done.
I was listening to Annerose Schmidt.
Good for you -- the more the merrier.
Did you like it?

dk
AB
2016-10-21 23:05:18 UTC
Post by dk
Post by h***@btinternet.com
Ugorski
Well done.
dk
I am embarrased at my ignorance:-)

AB
Frank Berger
2016-10-21 20:23:00 UTC
Post by dk
Post by AB
Post by dk
http://youtu.be/UYw8BMEQBJ4
I could figure out violinists but how can one
figure out the pianist unless he knows the
recording? If you gave us 4 or 5 choices we
might determine it by a process of elimination....
The MP has unique and easily recognizable sound
and interpretation style. Also note that at 40
minutes this is one of the slower DBT on record.
Even Arrau somehow manages to dispatch DBT in
only 37 minutes.
dk
I'm listening right now to a DBT by a still-living pianist
born before WWII that clocks in at 40:57.
This pianist was the MP of another quiz. You've not said
whether the current MP is still living, right?

---
dk