Recordings of live performances of note - XX
2018-07-15 20:12:53 UTC
Beatrice Rana, pianist, Prokofieff PC # 3 , live video, National Orchestra of France under Emmanuel Krivine, May 31, 2018, Paris ,sound not great , but worth hearing . She has a good measure of this work as she does with the Prok # 2 :

https://www.francemusique.fr/concert/maison-de-la-radio-auditorium-ferroud-prokofiev-tchaikovski-rana-onf-krivine

Encores : Chopin Prelude # 13 , Gigue from Bach’s Partita # 1
Bozo
2018-07-16 13:51:22 UTC
Yuja Wang plays Prokofieff PC # 5 with WDR Symphony Cologne under Jacob Hrusa at 2018 Ruhr Festival :

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_lunch-concert?id=2375323

The expected technical brilliance, but also transparency and ability to make sense of the composer’s rhetoric and hold lines in the first 3 movs., appropriate elegiac atmosphere in the slow 4th mov. , not Richter’s intensity, darkness in the final mov., or elsewhere, but the work perhaps can bear her more “ cheerful “ approach as well. Whether one agrees with her approach or not, glad she is advocating this neglected work so it is perhaps more widely heard.

Here’s pianist Dino Ciani and Abbado playing that 5th PC in Rome, 1968, posted here earlier :

Bozo
2018-07-16 14:06:31 UTC
Following up on the Richter discussion in the separate Kempff-Fischer thread here :

A Richter lp in my collection is “Richter in Italy “ , an Ange lpl of live Schumann small pieces from his 1962 Italian tour, not sure these were ever kept together on a single, later cd (? ), but some of his more enjoyable playing for me especially “ Papillons” and Op. 26 , FWW :

( Angel lp cover )

I believe these are all from that Angel lp :

( Papillons, Op.2 )

( 2nd , G minor Sonata , Op.22 )

(Faschingsschwank aus Wien , Op.26 )