Discussion:
Radio broadcast: piano recital Bertrand Chamayou / Liszt Etudes + transcriptions
(too old to reply)
m***@gmail.com
2018-07-23 14:38:08 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
This might be of interest to some - it's a well-put-together program, very long and challenging.

Chamayou has recorded the Liszt Etudes a few years ago for Sony.

Program of this recital:
Chopin/Liszt: 6 Polnische Lieder S 480
Schumann/Liszt: Frühlingsnacht S 568, Liebeslied "Widmung" S 566
Wagner/Liszt: Feierlicher Marsch zum heiligen Gral aus Richard Wagners "Parsifal" S 450; "Isoldens Liebestod" aus Richard Wagners "Tristan und Isolde" S 447
Liszt: 12 Etudes d' exécution transcendante S 139

Bertrand Chamayou (piano), recital given on 30 April 2018 in Schwetzingen/Germany.

Here's the recording available on the SWR webplayer:

https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html
HT
2018-07-23 18:42:43 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
> Chamayou has recorded the Liszt Etudes a few years ago for Sony.
>
> Program of this recital:
> Chopin/Liszt: 6 Polnische Lieder S 480
> Schumann/Liszt: Frühlingsnacht S 568, Liebeslied "Widmung" S 566
> Wagner/Liszt: Feierlicher Marsch zum heiligen Gral aus Richard Wagners "Parsifal" S 450; "Isoldens Liebestod" aus Richard Wagners "Tristan und Isolde" S 447
> Liszt: 12 Etudes d' exécution transcendante S 139
>
> Bertrand Chamayou (piano), recital given on 30 April 2018 in Schwetzingen/Germany.
>
> Here's the recording available on the SWR webplayer:
>
> https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html

Thanks! I've not yet heard the complete program but liked very much what I did hear. Chamayou is becoming an even more interesting pianist than he was.

Henk
Bozo
2018-07-23 18:54:38 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
>On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:38:10 AM UTC-5, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> This might be of interest to some - it's a well-put-together program ....

Many thanks ! With all he plays, and plays so well, I wondered at Chamayou’s decision to play all the TE’s in one live recital ( starting at about 1:08:45 here ), perhaps a “ because it’s there “ mountain , but the performance here leaving in the dust musically and technically recent lives I’ve heard ( Trifonov,Goerner,Kozhukhin), and while perhaps more “ traditional” Chamayou as convincing as Kirill Gerstein’s recent recording, no small feat for a live. Richter would applaud Chamayou’s “Feux Follets” here ; # 12 another of many stunning readings here. A recital not to be missed.
dk
2018-07-23 22:18:38 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 7:38:10 AM UTC-7, ***@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Here's the recording available on the SWR webplayer:
>
> https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html

Is there some way to download this recording?

Thx,

dk
m***@gmail.com
2018-07-24 08:04:36 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2018 00:18:41 UTC+2 schrieb dk:
> On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 7:38:10 AM UTC-7, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Here's the recording available on the SWR webplayer:
> >
> > https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html
>
> Is there some way to download this recording?
>
> Thx,
>
> dk

Yes, there is software that allows you to do that, I have used Applian's Replay Capture Suite for similar endeavours.

You can also contact me though, I can send you the satellite broadcast which is of much better sound quality (320kbs).
r***@gmail.com
2018-08-04 18:41:46 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 4:04:38 AM UTC-4, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2018 00:18:41 UTC+2 schrieb dk:
> > On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 7:38:10 AM UTC-7, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Here's the recording available on the SWR webplayer:
> > >
> > > https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html
> >
> > Is there some way to download this recording?
> >
> > Thx,
> >
> > dk
>
> Yes, there is software that allows you to do that, I have used Applian's Replay Capture Suite for similar endeavours.
>
> You can also contact me though, I can send you the satellite broadcast which is of much better sound quality (320kbs).

If possible I would like a copy too.
TIA
AB
2018-07-24 20:50:42 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 10:38:10 AM UTC-4, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> This might be of interest to some - it's a well-put-together program, very long and challenging.
>
> Chamayou has recorded the Liszt Etudes a few years ago for Sony.
>
> Program of this recital:
> Chopin/Liszt: 6 Polnische Lieder S 480
> Schumann/Liszt: Frühlingsnacht S 568, Liebeslied "Widmung" S 566
> Wagner/Liszt: Feierlicher Marsch zum heiligen Gral aus Richard Wagners "Parsifal" S 450; "Isoldens Liebestod" aus Richard Wagners "Tristan und Isolde" S 447
> Liszt: 12 Etudes d' exécution transcendante S 139
>
> Bertrand Chamayou (piano), recital given on 30 April 2018 in Schwetzingen/Germany.
>
> Here's the recording available on the SWR webplayer:
>
> https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html

listening to his live Etudes.. sounds terrific
AB
Loading...