Radio broadcast: piano recital Bertrand Chamayou / Liszt Etudes + transcriptions
2018-07-23 14:38:08 UTC
This might be of interest to some - it's a well-put-together program, very long and challenging.

Chamayou has recorded the Liszt Etudes a few years ago for Sony.

Program of this recital:
Chopin/Liszt: 6 Polnische Lieder S 480
Schumann/Liszt: Frühlingsnacht S 568, Liebeslied "Widmung" S 566
Wagner/Liszt: Feierlicher Marsch zum heiligen Gral aus Richard Wagners "Parsifal" S 450; "Isoldens Liebestod" aus Richard Wagners "Tristan und Isolde" S 447
Liszt: 12 Etudes d' exécution transcendante S 139

Bertrand Chamayou (piano), recital given on 30 April 2018 in Schwetzingen/Germany.

Here's the recording available on the SWR webplayer:

https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html
HT
2018-07-23 18:42:43 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Chamayou has recorded the Liszt Etudes a few years ago for Sony.
Chopin/Liszt: 6 Polnische Lieder S 480
Schumann/Liszt: Frühlingsnacht S 568, Liebeslied "Widmung" S 566
Wagner/Liszt: Feierlicher Marsch zum heiligen Gral aus Richard Wagners "Parsifal" S 450; "Isoldens Liebestod" aus Richard Wagners "Tristan und Isolde" S 447
Liszt: 12 Etudes d' exécution transcendante S 139
Bertrand Chamayou (piano), recital given on 30 April 2018 in Schwetzingen/Germany.
https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html
Thanks! I've not yet heard the complete program but liked very much what I did hear. Chamayou is becoming an even more interesting pianist than he was.

2018-07-23 18:54:38 UTC
This might be of interest to some - it's a well-put-together program ....
Many thanks ! With all he plays, and plays so well, I wondered at Chamayou’s decision to play all the TE’s in one live recital ( starting at about 1:08:45 here ), perhaps a “ because it’s there “ mountain , but the performance here leaving in the dust musically and technically recent lives I’ve heard ( Trifonov,Goerner,Kozhukhin), and while perhaps more “ traditional” Chamayou as convincing as Kirill Gerstein’s recent recording, no small feat for a live. Richter would applaud Chamayou’s “Feux Follets” here ; # 12 another of many stunning readings here. A recital not to be missed.
dk
2018-07-23 22:18:38 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html
Is there some way to download this recording?

Thx,

2018-07-24 08:04:36 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html
Is there some way to download this recording?
Thx,
dk
Yes, there is software that allows you to do that, I have used Applian's Replay Capture Suite for similar endeavours.

You can also contact me though, I can send you the satellite broadcast which is of much better sound quality (320kbs).
r***@gmail.com
2018-08-04 18:41:46 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by dk
Post by m***@gmail.com
https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html
Is there some way to download this recording?
Thx,
dk
Yes, there is software that allows you to do that, I have used Applian's Replay Capture Suite for similar endeavours.
You can also contact me though, I can send you the satellite broadcast which is of much better sound quality (320kbs).
If possible I would like a copy too.
TIA

AB
2018-07-24 20:50:42 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
This might be of interest to some - it's a well-put-together program, very long and challenging.
Chamayou has recorded the Liszt Etudes a few years ago for Sony.
Chopin/Liszt: 6 Polnische Lieder S 480
Schumann/Liszt: Frühlingsnacht S 568, Liebeslied "Widmung" S 566
Wagner/Liszt: Feierlicher Marsch zum heiligen Gral aus Richard Wagners "Parsifal" S 450; "Isoldens Liebestod" aus Richard Wagners "Tristan und Isolde" S 447
Liszt: 12 Etudes d' exécution transcendante S 139
Bertrand Chamayou (piano), recital given on 30 April 2018 in Schwetzingen/Germany.
https://www.swr.de/swr2/programm/sendungen/konzerte/schwetzinger-swr-festspiele-2018-bertrand-chamayou-klavierabend/-/id=659392/did=21612632/nid=659392/ch189r/index.html
listening to his live Etudes.. sounds terrific
AB